The vivo X60 Pro+ has finally launched as vivoâ€™s first flagship smartphone of the year. The phone not only has the Snapdragon 888 processor under its hood but also has two main rear cameras â€“ one from Sony and the other from Samsung.
The phone has a curved display with a centered punch hole for the selfie camera. Just as we have seen with some other manufacturers such as OnePlus and Xiaomi, vivo has also paid attention to the display of the X60 Pro+.
The back of the phone is covered in high-quality plain leather with the option to choose between Classic Orange and Phantom Blue. Sitting on the back is a rectangular island made of metal and glass that houses four cameras. The camera housing protrudes and is quite large, thanks to the phone having two main cameras, one of which has a gimbal system.
The vivo X60 Pro+â€™s display measures 6.56 inches and it has a resolution of 2376 x 1080. Its refresh rate is 120Hz refresh rate while its touch sampling rate is 240Hz. It also has HDR10 and HDR10+. There is no mention of the type of protection the screen has.
The Snapdragon 888 processor is paired with 8GB or 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM. The 12GB version has a feature called Memory Fusion Technology that allows you to use 3GB from the storage as additional RAM. The phone comes in 128GB or 256GB UFS 3.1 storage options.
The vivo X60 Pro+ has dual SIM support (Nano only), an in-display fingerprint scanner, face unlock, NFC, Bluetooth 5.2 with support for SBC, AAC, aptX HD, and LDAC. It runs OriginOS 1.0 based on Android 11. It packs a 4200mAh battery with support for 55W flash charge.
The camera department is where vivo goes all out. It has collaborated with ZEISS optics for the cameras. The X60 Pro+ also has Zeiss T* coating which helps with guiding light transmission through the lens of a camera. The addition of this coating makes a significant difference in the quality of images taken by the phone.
The first main camera is a 48MP f/2.2 micro pan-tilt Sony IMX598 camera with a focal length of 14mm, a 114Â° ultrawide angle, and 4-axis OIS. The second main camera is the 50MP Samsung GN1 with an f/1.57 aperture and a 1/1.3â€ large sensor size. There is also a 32MP f/2.08 portrait camera with a 50mm focal length and an 8MP f/3.4 periscope camera that has OIS 5x optical zoom and 60x super zoom. The selfie camera is a 32MP f/2.45 sensor.
vivo says all four rear cameras support AF autofocus and video stabilization. You can also record in 8K and record slow-motion videos at up to 1080p.
vivo X60 Pro+ 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 / 1900
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 12, 17, 20, 26, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 28, 38, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, January 21
- Status: Exp. release 2021, January 30
- Dimensions: 158.6 x 73.4 x 9.1 mm (6.24 x 2.89 x 0.36 in)
- Weight: 190.6 g (6.74 oz)
- Build: Glass front, eco leather back, aluminum frame
- Colors: Orange, Dark Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED, 120Hz, HDR10+, 1300 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.56 inches, 104.6 cm2 (~89.8% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2376 pixels (~398 ppi density)
- Android 11, OriginOS 1.0
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 (5 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680
- GPU: Adreno 660
- RAM: 8GB, 12GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB, 256GB
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 50 MP, f/1.6, (wide), 1/1.31″, 1.2Âµm, dual pixel PDAF, Laser AF, OIS
- 8 MP, f/3.4, 125mm (periscope telephoto), 1/4.0″, PDAF, OIS, 5x optical zoom
- 32 MP, f/2.1, 50mm (telephoto), 1/2.8″, 0.8Âµm, PDAF, 2x optical zoom
- 48 MP, 114Ëš (ultrawide), 1/2.0″, 0.8Âµm, gimbal stabilization
- Features: Zeiss optics, dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 8K@30fps, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60fps, gyro-EIS, HDR10+
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.5, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.8Âµm
- Features: HDR
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- 32-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, NavIC
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, color spectrum
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4200 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 55W
vivo X60 Pro+ 5G Price and Availability
The vivo X60 Pro+ is available in two versions, the base model has 8GB of RAM and 128GB storage and costs CNY 5,000 ($775/â‚¬635). If you need more memory, the 12/256 GB version is CNY 6,000.