A couple of weeks ago, OPPO unveiled its next-generation Reno5 series handsets in the Chinese market, which includes three models — Reno5 5G, Reno5 Pro 5G, and Reno5 Pro+ 5G. Now, the Chinese company has officially launched a 4G model in the lineup.
The OPPO Reno5 4G sports a 6.4-inch AMOLED display that offers a Full HD+ screen resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels and a refresh rate of 90Hz. The phone also comes with an in-display fingerprint sensor for added security.
Under the hood, the device is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G chipset given that is limited to 4G LTE connectivity. It packs 8GB of LPDDR4x RAM and 128GB of internal storage with a microSD card slot for expanding the storage capacity.
In the camera department, the phone comes with a quad-camera setup on the back, featuring a 64-megapixel primary sensor, an 8-megapixel superwide lens, as 2-megapixel macro lens and a 2-megapixel monochrome sensor. On the front side, there’s a 44-megapixel selfie snapper.
Similar to the 5G model, the OPPO Reno5 4G runs the latest Android 11 operating system out-of-the-box with the company’s own ColorOS 11.1 on top. The phone is powered by a 4,310mAh battery which comes with support for the first-gen 50W SuperVOOC fast charging technology.
OPPO Reno5 4G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 38, 40, 41
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2020, December 30
- Status: Exp. release 2021, January
- Dimension: 159.1 x 73.3 x 7.7 mm
- Weight: 171g
- Build: Glass front, glass back, aluminum frame
- Colors: Silver, Mysterious black
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED, 90Hz
- Size: 6.4 inch
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio
- Protection: Unspecified
- Android 11, ColorOS 11.1
- Chipset: Snapdragon 720G SM7125
- CPU: 2.3GHz Octacore
- GPU: Adreno 618
- RAM: 8GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 2.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 64 MP, f/1.7, (wide), 1/1.73″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps; gyro-EIS, HDR
- Selfie Camera: Single – 44 MP, f/2.4
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 3.1, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4310 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 50W
- Reverse charging: yes
- SuperVOOC 2.0
OPPO Reno5 4G Price and Availability
The OPPO Reno5 4G in Vietnam goes for the price of 8,690,000 Vietnamese Dong which is approximately $377. Now, the company is also set to launch the same smartphone in Indonesia on January 12.
Meanwhile, OPPO is also expected to launch the Reno5 5G series smartphones globally in the coming weeks. While the Reno5 Pro 5G packs MediaTek Dimensity 1000+ SoC in China, it is expected to be powered by the SD765G SoC for the global markets.