OPPO has launched another 5G budget-friendly smartphone called the OPPO A53 5G. The device belongs to the A-series and is expected rank as one of the cheapest 5G phones around. The smartphone is currently available for reservations on vivo’s official website.
As for the design, the OPPO A53 5G adopts a full-screen design with a punch-hole located at the top left corner of the display housing the selfie camera. The rear design includes a triple camera setup that is housed in a square-shaped module alongside the LED flash. The module is located at the top left corner of the back panel. The phone has a lightweight build and weighs just 175g.
OPPO A53 5G is powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 720 chip which uses TSMC’s 7nm process. The processor has a peak frequency of 2.0GHz and supports SA/NSA dual-mode 5G network. The device packs a 6.5-inch LCD screen with a resolution of 2400×1080 pixels. The screen also has a contrast ratio of 1500:1, a brightness of 480nit, and a refresh rate of 90Hz.
For photography, the A53 5G is equipped with three AI smart cameras. The main camera is a 16 megapixels sensor and it is assisted by a 2-megapixel macro lens and a 2-megapixel portrait style camera.
Under the hood, the A53 5G carries a generous 4040mAh battery but unfortunately lacks fast charging support. It only has support for 5V/2A charging. The phone is also equipped with a side-mounted fingerprint sensor and has a 3.5mm headphone jack.
OPPO A53 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (CA)
- Announced: 2020, December 18
- Status: Exp. release 2020, December 21
- Dimensions: 162.2 x 75 x 7.9 mm (6.39 x 2.95 x 0.31 in)
- Weight: 175 g (6.17 oz)
- Colors: Black, Green, Purple
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: LTPS IPS LCD, 90Hz, 480 nits (typ)
- Size: 6.5 inches, 102.0 cm2 (~83.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~405 ppi density)
- Android 10, ColorOS 7.2
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6853V Dimensity 720 5G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC3
- RAM: 4GB, 6GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 2.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 16 MP, f/2.2, (wide), PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]/120fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4040 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Charging 10W
Models: PECM30, PECT30
OPPO A53 5G Price and Availability
OPPO A53 5G is available in 6GB+128GB and 4GB+128GB configurations. The phone is available for reservation and is expected to be shipped on December 21.
The 4GB+128GB model is priced at ¥1299 yuan (~$198). It is available in three color options – Purple, Lake Green, and Black.