Chinese smartphone maker OPPO has unveiled the OPPO A15s in India. The phone a slightly upgraded version of OPPO A15 launched in the country in mid-October.
The OPPO A15s is similar to the already available standard version. The only major differences are that the former features an 8MP selfie camera and comes in a single 4GB + 64GB storage configuration On the other hand, the latter sports a 5MP selfie shooter and is only sold in lower 2GB/3GB + 32GB variants in India.
Another small but notable dissimilarity is that the latest handset comes in two new colors namely Fancy White and Rainbow Silver, in addition to standard Dynamic Black.
Apart from the aforementioned differences, the OPPO A15s is A15 inside out. Hence, it is powered by the same MediaTek Helio P35 chipset paired with eMMC 5.1 storage and LPDDR4x RAM. As for software, it runs ColorOS 7.2 based on Android 10.
In the front, the device sports a 6.52-inch IPS LCD panel with a resolution of 1600×720 pixels (HD+), 269ppi, 71% NTSC color gamut, 1500:1 contrast ratio, and 88.7% screen-to-body ratio. This screen can reach a peak brightness level of 480 nits and has a 60Hz refresh rate as well as a 60Hz touch sampling rate.
There is a dew-drop notch at the top of the display housing the selfie camera. Whereas, the rear panel of the handset features a 13MP (wide, f.2.2) + 2MP (macro, f/2.4) + 2MP (depth, f/2.4) triple camera setup and a capacitive fingerprint sensor. The phone is fueled by a 4,230mAh battery.
OPPO A15s Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 38, 40, 41
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2020, December 16
- Status: Exp. release 2020, December
- Dimensions: 164 x 75.4 x 7.9 mm (6.46 x 2.97 x 0.31 in)
- Weight: 177 g (6.24 oz)
- Build: Glass front, plastic back, plastic frame
- Colors: Dynamic Black, Fancy White
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 480 nits (typ)
- Size: 6.52 inches, 102.6 cm2 (~83.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~269 ppi density)
- Android 10, ColorOS 7.2
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6765 Helio P35 (12nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.35 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 4GB
- Internal Storage: 64GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC
- eMMC 5.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 13 MP, f/2.2, (wide), 1/3.1″, 1.12µm, PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – 5 MP, f/2.4, (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: Yes
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC: No
- USB: microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4230 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Charging 10W
OPPO A15s Price and Availability
The OPPO A15s is priced at INR 11,490 ($156) and will go on sale starting December 21. It can be purchased from Amazon India and leading offline retailers in the country.