Today, Chinese manufacturer ZTE has announced a 5G smartphone in China called ZTE Blade 20 Pro 5G. The company had earlier launched the vanilla version earlier this month which bears resemblance to the Blade A7s 2020 4G phone in terms of design.
The Blade 20 Pro 5G is covered in 3D glass on both sides and ZTE claims it makes it comfortable to hold. The phone is just 7.9 millimeters thick and is also pretty lightweight at 168 grams.
The phone is built around a 6.47-inch flexible curved AMOLED display with a waterdrop notch, a 2340 x 1080 resolution, and a 19.5:9 aspect ratio. Unfortunately, there is no high refresh rate. The notch in the display is home to a 20MP camera.
There is a Snapdragon 765G processor inside the phone and it is paired with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage. There is a MicroSD card slot, so you users can add up to an additional 2TB of storage.
There are four cameras on the back of the phone arranged in a rectangular housing. The primary camera is a 64MP sensor and it comes along with an 8MP 120° ultrawide angle camera, a 2MP 4CM macro camera, and a 2MP depth sensor. ZTE says the phone can record in 4K at 60 frames per second. There is also image stabilization when you are recording with the main and ultra-wide cameras.
Inside the Blade 20 Pro 5G is a 4000mAh battery with support for Quick Charge 4+. The phone has liquid cooling to keep the temperature low during CPU-intensive tasks. It also has DTS:X Ultra, NFC, Bluetooth5.1, USB 3.1, and an in-display fingerprint scanner. ZTE ships it with MiFavor 10 based on Android 10 out of the box.
ZTE Blade 20 Pro 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 20, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 41, 78, 79 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2020, November 30
- Status: Exp. release 2020, December
- Dimensions: 159.2 x 73.4 x 7.9 mm (6.27 x 2.89 x 0.31 in)
- Weight: 168 g (5.93 oz)
- Colors: Blue
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED
- Size: 6.47 inches, 102.8 cm2 (~87.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~398 ppi density)
- Android 10, MiFavor 10
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM765 Snapdragon 765G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.4 GHz Kryo 475 Prime & 1×2.2 GHz Kryo 475 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 475 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 620
- RAM: 8GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Main Camera: Quad
- 64 MP, f/1.9, 25mm (wide), 1/1.72″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 120˚, 16mm (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]; gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 20 MP, f/2.0, (wide), 1/2.8″, 1.0µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 3.1
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Ion 4000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 18W
- Quick Charge 4+
ZTE Blade 20 Pro 5G Price and Availability
The ZTE Blade 20 Pro 5G comes in a single color – Blue. At the moment, there is no info on the price of the device and its availability.