In early to mid-October, a Motorola smartphone with model number XT2091 was spotted on multiple certification bureaus. This device was said to launch as Motorola Moto G9 Power.
As the name suggests, the Motorola Moto G9 Power is all about its battery. This smartphone is backed by a massive 6,000mAh battery, which is common in a number of Galaxy M series phones.
However, those Samsung devices max out at 15W charging, whereas the Motorola handset supports 20W charging. Anyway, it still lags behind the Galaxy M51’s 7,000mAh battery and 25W fast charging.
That said, apart from the battery, the other specs of this device are mediocre. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 chipset paired with 4GB RAM and 128GB internal storage. If required, the memory space can be further expanded up to 512GB using a microSD card.
On the front, the phone sports a 6.8-inch IPS LCD panel with a resolution of 1640 x 720 pixels (HD+) and a punch-hole cutout at the top left corner housing a 16MP selfie camera.
Whereas, the back of the device features a square-shaped camera bump consisting of a 64MP primary snapper paired with a 2MP macro shooter and a 2MP depth sensor. The rear panel also includes a capacitive fingerprint sensor hidden underneath the classic Motorola batwing logo.
Motorola Moto G9 Power Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 38, 40, 41
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced:2020, November 05
- Status: Exp. release 2020, November
- Dimensions: 172.1 x 76.8 x 9.7 mm (6.78 x 3.02 x 0.38 in)
- Weight: 221 g (7.80 oz)
- Colors: Electric Violet, Metallic Sage
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Water-repellent coating
- Type: IPS LCD
- Size: 6.8 inches, 109.8 cm2 (~83.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1640 pixels (~263 ppi density)
- Android 10
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM6115 Snapdragon 662 (11 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- RAM: 4GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Main Camera: Triple
- 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/1.97″, 0.7µm, PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected]/60fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.2, 1.0µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, LTEEP, SUPL
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 6000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 20W
Motorola Moto G9 Power Price and Availability
The phone comes in two colors – Purple & Green. Moto G9 Power is priced in Europe for €200 and will be available in selected countries in Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East in the coming week.