WhatsApp is ultimately one of the most popular social messaging app for most of the smartphone users around the globe. The chat application boasts of over 1.5 billion active users contributing 100 billion messages every day. Despite its massive popularity, the developers are still doing their best to ensure it does not lack some useful features.
In one of the recent update, WhatsApp has added a new Storage Management Tool to aid the users for easy media management. It further brings the ability to bulk delete WhatsApp Media Forwards – Images, Videos, GIFs, and others with just a few taps.
It’s an uphill task to select every single media forward and delete the unnecessary images, videos, audios and documents. It takes a lot of effort and time to these unnecessary items. But, thanks to the WhatsApp developers, who have introduced the WhatsApp Storage management Tool to introduce bulk media removal options.
WhatsApp Storage Management Tool
In September, WhatsApp added the Storage Usage Section to its Beta Build. The users were quite thankful for its “Suggested Clean up” feature leading to the deletion of forwarded and large files. It even lists the chats according to the storage space used. All these features and functions are now rolling out for the stable build along with some other changes.
WhatsApp took to Twitter to formally announce the new feature for the public. All the users can now update or download the latest build by heading to the Play Store.
Note: WhatsApp update may take a whole week to reach every corner of the globe.
Steps to bulk delete WhatsApp Media Forwards
It is quite easy to now to delete the Media Forwards, you can follow the steps below to accomplish the bulk removal of Media forwards.
- Update WhatsApp to the latest version by heading over to the Play Store.
- Now, head over to the Settings > Storage and Data > Manage Storage and select Manage Storage.
- In the following window, you will see Media details and the “Review and delete items” option.
- Tap on the “Review and delete items” option and then choose the option to either select Media Forwards or file larger than 5MB size.
- After tapping, the respective media will open in the gallery where you can easily select and remove it permanently.
- That’s it!
It is a better way to clear safe and manage the files where users can identify, review, and bulk deletes the content. It is available for both Android and iOS devices.
We hope WhatsApp will introduce more such useful features to further enhance the user experience.