The Tecno Camon 16Â first announced back in September alongside the Camon 16 Pro and Camon 16 Premier in Africa. However, the vanilla version and pro version were to to be confirmed. Now, we have a proper specs sheet following the launch of the series in Indian.
The Tecno Camon 16 is powered by the Helio G70 SoC, runs Android 10 with HiOS 7.0 on top and has 4GB RAM and 64GB storage onboard. The smartphone also comes with a dedicated slot for a microSD card that allows storage expansion by up to 256GB.
The phone is built around a 6.8″ display of HD+ resolution, that has a hole in the top-left corner for the 16MP selfie camera, which comes with Super Night Shot, 2K video recording and Video Bokeh.
Around the back, we have a quad camera setup, which is a combination of a 64MP primary, 2MP macro, 2MP depth and 2MP AI Lens units. These are joined by a fingerprint reader for biometric authentication and come with Night Portrait Mode, 10x Zoom, Slow-mo Video Recording, and Video Bokeh.
The Camon 16 also comes with a feature called Eye Autofocus – for front and rear cameras – which Tecno says “enables one to stabilize focus around the eyes and makes the portraits sharp”.
The Helio G70-powered smartphone also has a feature called Super Night Shot, which is powered by TAIVOS (TECNO AI Vision Optimization Solution) that filters the image noise and optimizes the photo and video quality.
The Tecno Camon 16 ships with a 5,000 mAh battery that charges at up to 18W through a microUSB port.
Tecno Camon 16 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 38, 40, 41
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE
- Announced: 2020, October 10
- Status: Exp. release 2020, October 16
- Dimensions: 170.9 x 77.2 x 9.2 mm (6.73 x 3.04 x 0.36 in)
- Weight: 207 g (7.30 oz)
- Colors: Cloud White, Purist Blue, Misty Grey
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 480 nits (typ)
- Size: 6.8 inches, 109.8 cm2 (~83.2% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1640 pixels (~263 ppi density)
- Android 10, HIOS 6.0
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio G70 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.7 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52 2EEMC2
- RAM: 4GB
- Internal Storage: 64GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Quad
- 64 MP, 26mm (wide), 1/1.73″, 0.8Âµm, PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- 2 MP
- Features: Penta-LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 1440p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, (wide), AF
- Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: No
- USB: microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast Charging 18W
Tecno Camon 16 Price and Availability
The Tecno Camon 16 comes in Cloud White, Purist Blue and Misty Grey colors. The phone priced at INR10,999 ($150/â‚¬130) and will be available on Flipkart starting October 16.