The popular smartphone tester Zack Nelson has shared a long-awaited video on his JerryRigEverything YouTube channel in which the strength of the latest flagship Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 smartphone was tested.
The first Galaxy Fold could be damaged quite easily, not only due to its flexible screen, but also because of the hinge mechanism, which can easily get into dust and small debris. Samsung has done a lot of fixings, with Zach Nelson confirming that the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 has a much better design.
The external 6.2-inch display is protected by glass, which corresponds to 6 points on the Mohs scale. The flexible 7.6-inch screen is covered with a protective film, on which you can even leave scratches with a fingernail, but when folded, the screen is protected by a body.
Zach Nelson poured small stones with sand on the main screen and closed and opened his smartphone several times. An improved hinge prevents debris from getting inside the case, so the smartphone can easily survive a fall in the sand.
The side-mounted fingerprint scanner has become unusable after a few scratches; and the device also performed well in the famous bending test. The YouTuber praised Samsung for its excellent durability.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 Specifications
- 7.3-inch (2208 x 1768 pixels) QXGA+ 22.5:18 Infinity-O Dynamic AMOLED 2x main display, 6.2-inch (2260 x 816 pixels) 25:9 HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity Flex cover display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+ 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 256GB / 512GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 10 with One UI 2.5
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, OIS. Plus a 12MP Telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 2x optical zoom, up to 10x digital zoom. And a 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- 10MP cover and 10MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Side-mounted Fingerprint Sensor
- Dimensions Folded: 68.0 x 159.2 x13.8~16.8mm, Unfolded: 128.2 x 159.2 x 6.0~6.9mm; Weight: 282g
- 5G SA/NSA, Sub6 / mmWave, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), HE80. MIMO, 1024-QAM, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C (Gen 3.2), NFC, MST
- 4500mAh battery with 25W wired and 11W wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
The device is available in Mystic Black and Mystic Bronze colors. If you’re familiar with Samsung devices, we don’t need to tell you which version will sell more. Samsung’s Mystic Bronze has been a hero color for the Galaxy Note 20 series, Buds Live, Galaxy Watch3 and now the Z Fold2.