Back in June, Redmi announced the 9A alongside the 9C and 9C NFC smartphones and now the company has added another entry-level variant to the series called Redmi 9AT. This the 9 series now includes Redmi 9A, Redmi 9AT, Redmi 9C, Redmi 9C NFC, Redmi 9, and Redmi 9 Prime.
The Redmi 9AT comes with an additional microphone to offer better noise cancellation for calls compared to the Redmi 9A. And that is just the major difference as all other specifications of the new device remain the same as that of Redmi 9A. The inclusion of a third microphone added Redmi 9AT bumped the price by €20.
Redmi 9AT sports a 6.53-inch HD+ IPS LCD panel with a 20:9 aspect ratio, 400nits brightness, and a dot notch. The budget-centric smartphone sports a 2GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio G25 processor, coupled with PowerVR8320 GPU, 2GB LPDDR4X RAM, and 32GB eMMC 5.1 storage.
Just like every other entry-level Redmi smartphone, Redmi 9AT also has a dedicated Micro-SD card slot with support for up to 512GB external memory.
As for the camera department, the smartphone features a 13MP primary rear camera with f/2.2 aperture accompanied by the LED flash. On the front, the device houses a 5MP selfie shooter with f/2.2 aperture.
It packs a 5,000mAh battery with support for 10W charging and can be charged with a Micro-USB port. Redmi 9AT runs Android 10 based MIUI 11 out of the box and is splash-resistant, thanks to P2i nano-coating.
Xiaomi Redmi 9AT Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2020, June 30
- Status: Available. Released 2020, July 07
- Dimensions: 164.9 x 77.1 x 9 mm
- Weight: 194 g
- Colors: Green, Gray, Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.53 inches, 102.9 cm2 (~81.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~269 ppi density)
- 400 nits typ. brightness (advertised)
- Android 10, MIUI 12
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G25 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.5 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 2GB
- Internal Storage: 32GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- eMMC 5.1
- Main Cameras: Single – 13 MP, f/2.2, 28mm (wide), 1.0µm, PDAF
- Features: LED flash, HDR
- Video: [email protected]/60fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 5 MP, f/2.2, (wide), 1.12µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Accelerometer, proximity
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5020 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Charging 10W
Xiaomi Redmi 9AT Price and Availability
The Redmi 9AT comes in Green, Blue, and Black colors, similar to Redmi 9A. It is priced at €119 (about $140) for the 2GB RAM and 32GB storage model. The device comes only in a single variant and currently available only in Spain for now.