OnePlus broke into the Mid-range market with the release of the Nord, now the company seems to be ready to go even further into the section and even try out the upper end of the entry-level market. Meet the OnePlus Nord N10 5G and Nord N100.
OnePlus Nord N100
The OnePlus Nord N100 is the entry-level offering, with with 4GB of RAM and 64GB storage (UFS 2.1). But again, storage is easily expandable with a cheap microSD card.
This phone is based on the Snapdragon 460 chipset, a budget 11nm chip with Cortex-A73 derived cores and an Adreno 610. This simply means “no 5G support at sight”.
The N100 features a 6.52-inch IPS LCD with 720 x 1,600 px resolution (and standard refresh rate). The display is again guarded by Gorilla Glass 3. Like the N10, this one has stereo speakers and a rear-mounted fingerprint reader.
This phone is equipped with a 13MP main camera, so photography is fairly basic. It’s technically a triple camera, though 67% of that is a dedicated macro lens and a depth sensor (both 2 MP). Video recording is capped at 1080p/30 fps for both front and back cameras. The front camera has an 8 MP sensor.
The OnePlus Nord N100 launches with OxygenOS 10.5. It’s still based on Android 10, but features the latest proprietary enhancements from OnePlus.
OnePlus decided to focus on a longer battery life for this model, its power cell has 5,000 mAh capacity, at the expense of charging speed, which goes up to only 18W (given the extra capacity, Warp would have been nice). On the plus side, a 3.5 mm jack is present on this model as well.
OnePlus Nord N100 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2020, October 26
- Status: Exp. release 2020, November
- Build: Glass front, plastic frame
- Colors: Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD
- Size: 6.52 inches, 104.4 cm2
- Resolution: 720 x 1560 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~264 ppi density)
- Android 10, OxygenOS 10.5
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM4250 Snapdragon 460 (11 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×1.8 GHz Kryo 240 & 4×1.6 GHz Kryo 240)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- RAM: 4GB
- Internal Storage: 64GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Triple
- 13 MP, f/1.8, (wide), PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP
- Video: [email protected]
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: Yes
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
OnePlus Nord N100 Price and Availability
The OnePlus Nord N100 is priced at €200/£180 for a 4GB / 64GB model. The phone is coming to Europe early next month and will go on the other side of the pond soon.