MTN has announced a new SIM service called Visitor’s SIM. MTN Visitors SIM is an initiative aimed at providing foreign visitors into Nigeria with immediate access to the MTN network with less rigors and better offerings than the roaming services.
The sale of the Visitor’s SIM has commenced today, Thursday, Oct. 1st 2020.
Introducing MTN Visitors SIM: Everything You Should Know
1. The MTN Visitors SIM is only available to Foreigners/Visitors for a short stay in Nigeria
2. First activation of any of the visitor’s bundles will be at any of the MTN service centers while subsequent activations can be done by the subscriber using any of the recharge channels.
3. Customers will be required to register with a valid International Passport with an entry stamped date as proof and must buy a bundle to activate the line.
4. The SIM is valid for 30 days and the SIM tariff plan will be changed to MTN XtraSpecial tariff plan at the end of 30 days expiry.
5. International calls/SMS will be charged at the standard rates.
6. Bundle value cannot be used for VAS and Other subscription services.
7. Subscriber can buy other Data bundles.
8. Bundle cannot be used for Share and Sell.
9. Customer will NOT be able to gift, share or transfer the Special Visitor Bundles
10 Rollover will NOT be applicable to the Special Visitor Bundles.
Bundle Plans and Call Rates
|SIM Type||Bundle Fee||Bundle Allowance||Validity|
Visitors SIM (Bundle 1)
|100 national calls||
|N2,000 for international calls|
|5GB data volume|
Visitors SIM (Bundle 2)
|220 national calls||
|N4,500 for international calls|
|12GB data volume|
Price Of MTN Visitors SIM
The SIM is being sold for just N100 excluding the bundle price.