Though HTC is still struggling with its smartphone revenue but the Taiwanese phone maker continues to expand its Desire lineup in its home country. HTC Desire 20 Pro from earlier this year is now being joined by the HTC Desire 20+ (HTC Desire 20 Plus).
The smartphone features a 6.5-inch IPS LCD display with a 20:9 aspect ratio and 1600 x 720-pixel resolution. You have a massive chin at the bottom and a waterdrop notch, housing a 16MP (f/2.0) selfie sensor, on the front. The Desire 20 Pro and U20 5G had arrived with a punch-hole cutout, so this is a slight downgrade compared to these variants.
The rectangular quad-camera module on the rear is led by a 48MP (f/1.8) primary sensor. You also have a 5MP ultra-wide lens with a 155-degree FOV, a 5MP depth sensor, and a 2MP macro sensor. The LED flash is housed inside this module. The textured back looks similar to the Pro variant and includes a capacitive fingerprint sensor for biometric authentication.
Under the hood, the HTC Desire 20+ is powered by the Snapdragon 720G chipset. It is also found aboard several popular mid-range phones, including Realme 7 Pro, Poco M2 Pro, and others. It is paired with 6GB RAM, 128GB built-in storage (expandable via a microSD card), and a huge 5,000mAh battery.
The phone includes a USB Type-C port and supports QC 4.0 fast-charging. You will also find a 3.5mm audio jack, Bluetooth 5.0, and Wi-Fi 802.11ac onboard to round up the connectivity options.
HTC Desire 20+ Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, Cat6 300/75 Mbps
- Announced: 2020, October 19
- Status: Exp. release 2020, October 22
- Dimensions: 164.9 x 75.7 x 9 mm (6.49 x 2.98 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 203 g (7.16 oz)
- Colors: Dawn Orange, Twilight Black
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD
- Size: 6.5 inches, 102.0 cm2 (~81.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~270 ppi density)
- Android 10
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM7125 Snapdragon 720G (8 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.3 GHz Kryo 465 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 465 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 618
- RAM: 6GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC
- Main Camera: Quad
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 5 MP, f/2.2, 115˚ (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 5 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 15W
- Quick Charge 4.0
HTC Desire 20+ Price and Availability
The HTC Desire 20+ is priced at TWS 8,490 ($295) for the single 6GB + 128GB variant. It will be available to buy in two color variants, namely Dawn Orange and Twilight Black. At present, there’s no information for whether the Desire 20+ will be available in global markets or not.