The Federal Government has approved the free registration of business names by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) for 250,000 Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) across the country.
The free registration scheme for businesses will span the entire thirty six states of the federation as well as the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). The government announced this via its official twitter handle.
Usually, the registration of business names by the CAC costs at least N10,000 depending on the company’s category. But you’ll be able to register your desired business name for free, since it’s being aimed at relieving 250,000 MSMEs.
Here is how to begin
- Aggregators have been appointed to receive applications from interested persons in line with CAC requirements.
- The names and contact details of the aggregators can be obtained on the Commission’s Website HERE
- The free registrations will start on the 19th October 2020.
Go to any of the centers in your state of residence with the following requirements.
- Three (3) Proposed Names
- Two (2) Passport sized photographs
- Valid Means of Identification
- Phone Number/Email address
The Federal Government approved the free registration of 6,606 Business Names in each of the 34 states while Abia, Lagos and Kano will have 7,906, 9,084 and 8,406 respectively.