The world of smartphone is pretty much homogeneous in terms of both hardware and software. The world voted for Android and iOS inside a flat slab. That is it. Which means most manufacturers must produce smartphones like that if they want to make money. If you want a particular type of smartphone different from what the rest of humanity has agreed to, you have to make it by yourself. And that is what XDA has done.
The F(x)tec Pro1 X runs LineageOS 17 out of the box. That is a first. In addition, if you donâ€™t want to use Android, yours can boot with Ubuntu Touch OS.
F(x)tec Pro1 X has a 6-inch AMOLED curved display, a 3200mAh battery and Quick Charge 3.0. There is a dual camera at the back and a side-mounted fingerprint sensor. Powering it is a fairly old Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor. If the pictures and specs sound familiar, it is because the F(x)tec Pro1 X is an enhanced version of the F(x)tec Pro 1, a 2019 smartphone.
Instead of 6GB RAM and 128GB internal memory though, XDA has bumped the F(x)tec Pro1 X up to 8 GB RAM and 256GB internal memory.
F(x)tec Pro1 X Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G bands: LTE 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 4 / 5(850) / 7 / 8(900) / 12 / 13 / 19 / 20(800) / 28(700)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE
- Announced: October 2020
- Status: Release, December 2020
- Dimensions: 154 x 73.6 x 13.98 mm
- Weight: 243g
- Colours: Discovery Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED
- Size: 5.99-inch
- Resolution:Â 2160 x 1080 pixels
- Protection: CorningÂ® GorillaÂ® Glass 3
- Physical Keyboard layout: 5-row, 64-key, staggered, backlit, landscape QWERTY keyboard
- Keyboard mechanism: sliding (angled)
- Android 9 + LineageOS 17. Option of Ubuntu Touch OS.
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- CPU: 64-bit, 2.45 GHz Octa-core, Kryo 280
- GPU: Adreno 540
- RAM: 6 GB / 8 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB / 256 GB
- Memory Card Slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Dual
- 12 MP f/1.8 Sony IMX363Â
- 5 MP f/2, LED flash
- Features: LED flash
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: 8 MP
- Features: Face Recognition
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, hotspot
- Bluetooth: v5.0, A2DP
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: microUSB v2.0. Type-C reversible connector. HDMI.
- NFC: Yes.
Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyroscope
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Ion 3200 mAh
- Charging: 30W standard charging (Quick Charge 3.0)
F(x)tec Pro1 X Price and Availability
The XDA Phone is a collaboration between XDA Developers and F(x)tec, the mnufacturers of the Pro 1. Selling price is $899, but XDA Developers members can get it for an early bird price of $599.