UMiDIGI has officially launched the UMIDIGI A9 Pro, a smartphone with rear Quad 48-megapixel cameras and a thermometer sensor at the back. The sensor was first introduced in the ultra-affordable A7s, and not finds it way again to a more powerful A9 Pro but still affordable.
The thermometer makes use of digital infrared to measure body temperature which is a welcome technology considering the current global pandemic.
UMiDIGI A9 Pro is the successor to the A7 Pro that was announced back in April of 2020. Outwardly, it retains almost similar design language of the older A7-series, but has some interesting upgrades on the inside. The two most notable upgrades includes a larger 48MP snapper at the back, and yes, processing power now comes from the Mediatek Helio P60 CPU.
The Mediatek Helio P60 paired with a 4GB / 6GB RAM and 64GB / 128GB of internal storage, depends on the configuration (4GB + 64GB or 6GB + 128GB)
The phone is built around a 6.3-inch Full-HD+ display with 1080 x 2340 pixels resolution, and come with same U-shaped notch above the screen, housing the selfie camera.
As for the camera department, four sensors are used at the back, of which the main driver is a 48-megapixel on the 6GB RAM variant, while the 4GB RAM variant comes with a 32-megapixel main camera.
For selfie, both storage variants comes with a 24-megapixel selfie snapper, and has 4160mAh battery with Global LTE network.
UMIDIGI A9 Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 / 1900 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28A, 28B, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41. 66
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (4CA) Cat16 1024/150 Mbps
- Announced: 2020 September 24
- Status: Exp. Release, 2020 October 16
- Dimensions: 158.7 x 74.9 x 8.6 mm
- Weight: 213 g
- Build: Front/back glass, aluminum frame
- Colors: Forest Green, Onyx Black
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.3 inches
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19:5:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Android 10
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6771V/C Helio P60 (12nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- RAM: 4GB / 6GB
- Internal Storage: 64GB / 128 GB
- Memory Card Slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Main camera: Quad
- 48 MP f/1.79 (main) [*Some models has 32 MP]
- 16 MP (ultra-wide angle 120 °)
- 5 MP (macro)
- 5 MP (depth)
- Features: Quad LED Flash, Autofocus, Geotagging, Panorama, HDR
- Video: Features: Quad LED Flash, Autofocus, Geotagging, Panorama, HDR
- Selfie Camera: 24 MP, f/F2.0
- Features: AI FaceID, HDR
- Video: 1080p
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Active Noise Cancelation with a dedicated mic
- NxP Box Audio enhanced
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.2 A2DP, LE
- USB: 2.0, Type-C reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-removable Li-Polymer 4150 mAh battery
- Charging: 5W Standard Charging
UMIDIGI A9 Pro Price and Availability
The UMIDIGI A9 Pro comes in two colors, Forest Green and Onyx Black. Pre-order are currently live Chinese online stores for US$ 119 (Promo). The actual price is;
- $199.98 for the 4GB RAM + 64GB storage with 32MP variant
- $233.32 for the 6GB RAM + 128GB storage with 48MP variant.