UMIDIGI has launched its new UMIDIGI A7S smartphone with an AI Thermometer feature. The world is gradually fitting into the smartphone in our hand. Since, digital thermometers have almost become the most important tool in the era of pandemic, UMIDIGI has decided to offer you one in a smartphone.
UMIDIGI tags the device as the world’s first entry-level smartphone to feature an AI Thermometer. If we’re not wrong, there are some devices out there with AI Thermometer but we doubt its affordability.
Speaking of the Thermometer, the A7S comes with an infrared thermometer sensor that can measure body temperature without touch. What makes the device compelling is its price. For an entry-level phone especially during this unprecedented time, the in-built Thermometer can be a nifty add-on for the commons. The sensor resides in the rear camera system, and it can be quickly accessed by pressing the dedicated but customizable shortcut key on the left side.
The UMIDIGI A7S comes as a new entrant in the A Series of devices by UMIDIGI. According to the firm, its A Series of devices are favorite among the masses with the recent A7 Pro receiving much acclamation from the users. With the UMIDIGI A7S, it aims to satisfy more users with different needs.
The UMIDIGI A7S is built around a 6.53-inch waterdrop notch HD+ display with in-cell technology. It’s a tall device with a 20:9 aspect ratio, so watching movies or simply content consumption will be of great experience on the device.
Now coming to the front camera, the device packs a triple camera system which includes a 13MP main sensor accompanied by an 8MP Ultra-Wide (120-degree field of view) and a 2MP depth sensor. There are some software
The device features a 3D unibody design which makes it easy and comfortable to hold. The backside ain’t a fingerprint magnet thanks to its matte-like texture. Besides, the smartphone comes with an internal 32GB storage capable of expanding up to 128GB via a dedicated MicroSD slot. The dual-SIM device phone runs stock Android 10 Go with global LTE bands support.
UMIDIGI A7S Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G bands: LTE 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 8(900) / 38(2600) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2020, September 3
- Status: Exp. Released, 2020, September 21
- Dimensions: 164 x 77.14 x 9.45 mm
- Weight: 195g
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Colours: Granite Grey, Sky Blue, Peacock Green
- Build: 2.5D curved glass + aluminium frame + 3D anti-fingerprint design
- Type: IPS LCD Capacitive Screen, 16M Colors
- Size: 6.53 inches
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 20:9 aspect ratio
- Android 10 (Go Edition)
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6737
- CPU: 64-bit, 1.25 GHz Quad-core, Cortex-A53
- GPU: ARM Mali-T720-MP1, 650MHz
- RAM: 2 GB
- Internal Storage: 32 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128 GB (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Triple
- 13MP main, F/1.8, 6-element lens
- 8MP ultra-wide-angle, FOV 120°
- 2MP depth
- Features: LED flash
- Video: [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, AI Beauty, S5K3P3, F/2.0 aperture, 5-element lens
- Features: Face Recognition
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: FM Radio
- Audio 5mm jack: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Mono speaker
- Bluetooth: v4.2, A2DP
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: microUSB v2.0.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Compass, Proximity, Gyroscope, Fingerprint (rear-mounted), Infrared Thermometer
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Ion 4150 mAh
- Charging: 5W regular
UMIDIGI A7S Price and Availability
The UMIDIGI A7S will be available for pre-order globally at $69.99, as from September 21. You can add it to the cart to get notified once it arrives.
Last but not the least, UMIDIGI is giving away 10 units of its new rugged camera phone BISON, and you and learn more information at UMIDIGI’s official website.