Tecno Mobile has introduced a new range of smartphones and it started it with the announcement of the Tecno POVA. It is a first handset of the new POVA series. POVA is simply a rebranded series of Pouvoir which means “Powering Optimal Value and Ambitions”.
The smartphone is powered by Mediatek Helio G80 CPU. The chipset is an octa-core 12nm Cortex-A75 process clocked at 2.0GHz, along with Mali-G52 GPU, 6GB RAM and 128GB of internal storage which is expandable (dedicated slot).
The Tecno POVA is built around a 6.8-inch IPS display with a resolution of 720 x 1640 pixels and a tiny punch-hole atop it 20.5:9 aspect ratio.
As far as the photography section is concerned, the Tecno POVA features a four camera setup at the back. The main sensor is a 13-megapixe, pegged with 2-megapixel wide lens, 2-megapixel macro snapper and a fourth QVGA -megapixel depth lens, while a single 8-megapixel snapper is used upfront.
The device features a fingerprint sensor at the back and has a built-in 6000mAh battery with 18W fast charging. It runs Google Android 10 with HiOS v7.0 out of the box.
According to the company the Tecno POVA’s 6000mAh battery can offer a long standby of 30 days, 20 hours of continues gameplay, can play music for continuous 8 days 64 hours of calling from a single charge.
Checkout below the Tecno POVA Full specifications, features and price below.
Tecno POVA Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G bands: LTE 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 8(900) / 38(2600) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2020, September
- Status: Exp Release, September 2020
- Dimensions: 171.2 x 77.6 x 9.4 mm (6.74 x 3.06 x 0.37 in)
- Weight: g
- Colors: Magic Blue, Speed Purple, Dazzle Black
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 480 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.8 inches, 109.8 cm2 (~82.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1640 pixels (~263 ppi density)
- Android 10, HIOS 7.1
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio G80 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52 MC2
- RAM: 6GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Quad
- 13 MP, f/1.9, (wide), PDAF
- 2 MP, (macro)
- 2 MP (depth)
- 0.3 MP (AI lens)
- Features: Quad LED flash, Panorama, HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP
- Features: AI, dual flash, Face Recognition
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Mono speaker
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: microUSB v2.0.
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), Accelerometer, Proximity
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 6000 mAh
- Charging: 18W
Tecno POVA Price and Availability
The Tecno POVA is expected to carry a price tag of about $150 and will be available in Africa, Asia and other regions where the company has market.