Chinese smartphone maker realme has launched realme C17 as the newest member of realme C series of phones. In other words, it is a lite version of realme 7i powered by Snapdragon 460 and lower megapixel cameras.
The all-new realme C17 sports a 6.5-inch HD+ (720 x 1600 pixels) IPS LCD panel on the front with a single-punch hole at the top right corner nesting an 8MP selfie camera, 90Hz refresh rate, 90% screen-to-body ratio, and a peak brightness of 600 nits. This display is also protected by an unspecified version of Corning Gorilla Glass.
Under the hood, the device features a Qualcomm Snapdragon 460 chipset paired with 6GB LPDDR4X RAM and 128GB UFS 2.1 internal storage. It also includes all the necessary sensors such as light sensor, proximity sensor, compass, and accelerometer.
On the connectivity front, the realme C17 supports 4G LTE, dual-band WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0, 3.5mm headphone jack, and USB Type-C. The handset comes with a triple card slot so that users can use dual SIM and a microSD card at the same time.
The back and the frame of the body is made of polycarbonate just like any other realme budget smartphones. This rear panel houses a quad-camera setup consisting of 13MP primary sensor, a secondary 8MP sensor with a 119° ultra-wide-angle lens, a 2MP tertiary sensor with a macro lens, and a 2MP quaternary monochrome sensor. The back of the device also includes a fingerprint sensor.
As for software, the realme C17 runs realme UI based on Android 10 and should get realme UI 2.0 based on Android 11 as it is a new product. Last but not least, it is backed by a 5,000mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging and reverse charging.
realme C17 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 38, 40, 41
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2020, September 21
- Status: Exp. release 2020, September 22
- Dimensions: 164.1 x 75.5 x 8.9 mm (6.46 x 2.97 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 188 g (6.63 oz)
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Colors: Navy Blue, Lake Green
- Weather-sealed ports & loudspeaker
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.5 inches, 102.0 cm2 (~82.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~270 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass
- 90Hz refresh rate
- Android 10
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM4250 Snapdragon 460 (11 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×1.8 GHz Kryo 240 & 4×1.6 GHz Kryo 240)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- RAM: 6GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- UFS 2.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 13 MP, f/2.2, (wide), 1/3.06″, 1.12µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 119˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/2.0, (wide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: FM radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 18W
realme C17 Price and Availability
The realme C17 launches first in Bangladesh in a single 6GB + 128GB storage configuration priced at BDT 15,990 ($189).
It is available in Navy Blue and Lake Green color option.