Realme announced the Realme 6 and 6 Pro six months ago, and today, the company launched their successors, dubbed Realme 7 and Realme 7 Pro, respectively. They come with improved cameras, bigger batteries, and faster charging. The pair’s panel also flaunts a new design, which Realme says is inspired by the mirror space in nature.
The Realme 7 has a 6.5-inch IPS LCD panel with Full HD+ resolution and 20:9 aspect ratio. The display offers a 90Hz refresh rate and comes with Gorilla Glass protection.
Then handset is powered by a 2.05GHz Helio G95, equipped with 6GB/8GB LPDDR4x RAM, UFS 2.1 storage, and a dedicated microSD card slot up to 128GB. The Realme UI skinned Android 10 OS takes charge of the software.
Just like the 7 Pro, the vanilla 7 also features a 64MP Sony IMX682 sensor, but the rest of the setup remains the same as 6 Pro’s – there’s a 16MP selfie shooter on the front, and the primary camera on the back is joined by an 8MP ultrawide, 2MP macro, and 2MP depth sensor modules.
But, like the Pro model, the Realme 7 also gets Starry Mode and can switch between AI Mode and Pro Mode in the 64MP Mode and Night Mode. However, these features won’t be available on Realme 7 out of the box and will be rolled out through an OTA.
The Realme 7 has a 5,000mAh battery and supports 30W Dart Charge technology.
Realme 7 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 38, 40, 41
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2020, September 03
- Status: Exp. release 2020, September 10
- Dimensions: 162.3 x 75.4 x 9.4 mm (6.39 x 2.97 x 0.37 in)
- Weight: 196.5 g (6.95 oz)
- Colors: Mist Blue, Mist White
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.5 inches, 102.0 cm2 (~83.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~405 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 90Hz refresh rate
- 480 nits typ. brightness (advertised)
- Android 10, Realme UI
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio G95 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.05 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MC4
- RAM: 6GB, 8GB
- Internal Storage: 64GB, 128GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- UFS 2.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/1.73″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.3, 119˚, 16mm (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.1, 26mm (wide), 1/3.1″, 1.0µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]/120fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 30W, 50% in 26 min, 100% in 65 min (advertised)
Realme 7 Price and Availability
The the Realme 7 is priced at;
- 6 GB RAM + 64 GB storage for INR14,999 ($205)
- 8 GB RAM + 128 GB storage for INR16,999 ($232)
The phone is offered in Mist White and Mist Blue colors and will go sale from September 10 through Flipkart and Realme’s official Indian site.