Lenovo-owned Motorola has today unveiled a new smartphone — Motorola One 5G. The device is a U.S. version of the Moto G 5G Plus that was announced last month.
The smartphone is built around a 6.7-inch Full HD+ LCD display with 2520 x 1080 pixels screen resolution, 21:9 aspect ratio, HDR10, and 90Hz refresh rate. There’s also a layer of Gorilla Glass 5 to protect the screen from minor scratches.
Under the hood, the Motorola One 5G is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 765 SoC, manufactured using a 7nm EUV process, coupled with Adreno 620 GPU. It packs 4GB LPDDR4x RAM and 128GB UFS 2.1 internal storage.
In the camera department, the phone features a quad-camera setup that consists of a 48MP primary sensor with f/1.7 aperture, an 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, a 5MP macro lens with f/2.2 aperture, and a 2MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture.
On the front side, the device has a 16MP primary snapper with f/2.0 aperture and an 8 MP secondary sensor with f/2.2 aperture for taking selfies and video calling. The smartphone also comes with a side-mounted fingerprint sensor.
The phone runs Android 10 out-of-the-box and is powered by a 5,000mAh battery with 20W TurboPower fast charging.
Motorola One 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 29, 30, 38, 39, 40, 41, 66, 71
- 5G bands: 2, 5, 25, 41, 66, 71 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2020, September 01
- Status: Exp. release 2020, September
- Dimensions: 168 x 74 x 9 mm (6.61 x 2.91 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 207 g (7.30 oz)
- Build: Glass front, plastic back, plastic frame
- Colors: Oxford Blue
- SIM: Nano-SIM
- Water-repellent coating
- Type: LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.7 inches, 104.9 cm2 (~84.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2520 pixels, 21:9 ratio (~409 ppi density)
- 90Hz refresh rate
- Android 10
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM765 Snapdragon 765 (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.3 GHz Kryo 475 Prime & 1×2.2 GHz Kryo 475 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 475 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 620
- RAM: 4GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- UFS 2.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 118˚ (ultrawide), 1.12µm
- 5 MP, f/2.2, (macro), AF
- 2 MP, f/2.2, (depth)
- Features: Dual-LED flash, ring flash (macro camera), panorama, HDR
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Dual
- 16 MP, f/2.0, (wide), 1.0µm
- 8 MP, f/2.2, (ultrawide), 1.12µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, LTEEP, SUPL
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 15W
Motorola One 5G Price and Availability
The Motorola One 5G comes in Oxford Blue color and will a price tag of under $500 when it goes on sale on AT&T but the exact date is not yet known. The 5G Ultra Wideband version is expected to be available from Verizon in early October.