LG is introducing three new models to its affordable K-series â€“ well, two new models, technically. We are talking about the LG K52 and LG K62. The third one was introduced a couple of days ago which is the K42.
The LG K52 is built around a 6.6-inch LCD with 1080p+ resolution (20:9) that will help you create and consume content â€“ these phones are meant for a young, sociable audience.
The phone comes with a 48MP camera on the back can start a YouTube Live stream straight from the camera app. There is also a 5 MP ultra wide shooter (115Â°) and two 2 MP modules (macro and depth). AI CAM recommends the optimal camera settings for the scene and subject matter. However, instead of a 28MP selfie snapper on K62 we get a simpler 13MP camera.
The phone is powered by a Mediatek MT6765 Helio P35 with 4 GB of RAM. It runs Android 10 out of the box and thereâ€™s a Google Assistant button on its side. Also on the side is the fingerprint reader.
The new K-series trio passed eight categories of MIL-STD-810G testing: high/low temperature, temperature shock, vibration, shock and humidity. That doesnâ€™t make them particularly rugged as they werenâ€™t tested for drops and they are certainly not water resistant.
Like the other three, the K52 has a 4,000 mAh battery that is charged over USB-C (the port has USB 3.1 Gen 1 connectivity).
Both the K52 and K62 have a fingerprint-resistant matte finish on the back.
LG K52 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE (unspecified)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE
- Announced: 2020, September 23
- Status: Exp. release 2020, October
- Dimensions: 165 x 76.7 x 8.4 mm (6.50 x 3.02 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 186 g (6.56 oz)
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Colors: White, Blue, Red
- MIL-STD-810G compliant*
- *does not guarantee ruggedness or use in extreme conditions
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.6 inches, 105.2 cm2 (~83.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~266 ppi density)
- Android 10
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6765 Helio P35 (12nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 4GB
- Internal Storage: 64GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC
- eMMC 5.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 48 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8Âµm, PDAF
- 5 MP, f/2.2, 115Ëš (ultrawide), 1/5.0″, 1.12Âµm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 13 MP, (wide), 1/3.1″, 1.12Âµm
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4000 mAh, non-removable
LG K52 Price and Availability
The K52 will be available in White, Red and Blue. The trio will be available in Europe starting in October, then LG will bring them to â€œkey marketsâ€ in Asia, Latin America and the Middle East.