LG has silently unveiled a new smartphone called LG K42 in the Dominican Republic. It is a mid-range phone that sports a wave pattern on its back, which gives it a unique appeal. The handset offers users with a tall aspect ratio display, quad rear cameras, and a large-sized battery.
The LG K42 is a MIL-STD-810G certified smartphone can withstand extreme environmental conditions. The grippy back panel of the LG K42 has an anti-scratch UV coating that accentuates its appeal. The smartphone sports a 6.6-inch display that produces HD+ resolution.
The LG K42 is powered by the Helio P22Â chipset paired with 3 GB of RAM and 64 GB of internal storage. There is a microSD card slot onboard for more storage. The LG UX based Android 10 OS comes preinstalled on the LG K42.
The LED flash assisted quadruple camera system placed on the backside of the LG K42 comprises of a 13-megapixel main camera, a 5-megapixel superwide lens, a 2-megapixel depth sensor, and a 2-megapixel macro shooter. It has a front-facing camera of 8-megapixel.
The LG K42 has a 4,000mAh battery. It has a dedicated button for accessing the Google Assistant. The phone features a side-mounted fingerprint sensor.
LG K42 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE (unspecified)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE
- Announced: 2020, September 21
- Status: Available. Released 2020, September 21
- Dimensions: 165 x 76.7 x 8.4 mm (6.50 x 3.02 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 182 g (6.42 oz)
- Colors: Grey, Green
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- MIL-STD-810G compliant*
- *does not guarantee ruggedness or use in extreme conditions
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.6 inches, 105.2 cm2 (~83.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~266 ppi density)
- Android 10
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6762 Helio P22 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 3GB
- Internal Storage: 64GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC
- eMMC 5.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 13 MP, 27mm (wide), 1/3.1″, 1.12Âµm, PDAF
- 5 MP, f/2.2, 120Ëš (ultrawide), 1/5.0″, 1.12Âµm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, (wide)
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4000 mAh, non-removable
Models: LMK420HM, LM-K420HM
LG K42 Price and Availability
The K42 comes in grey and green colors though LG hasnâ€™t provided further details on pricing and availability.