Lenovo has announced two tablets – one premium and one for kids – plus a new smart clock today. Let’s start with the high end slate, which the company describes as its “most powerful and premium consumer Android tablet”.
Lenovo Tab P11 Pro
The Lenovo Tab P11 Pro features 11.5-inch OLED display with 2,560 x 1,600 px resolution (16:10 aspect ratio). This tablet targets audio-visual excellence with HDR10 and Dolby Vision support. On the audio front, there are four JBL speakers, which boast large 2.5 cc chambers and Dolby Atmos optimizations for cinematic surround sound.
The tablet is powered by a Snapdragon 730 chipset with 4/6 GB of RAM and 128 GB storage, plus a free microSD slot. The chip may not be the fastest, but it sips power – the 8,600 mAh battery promises up to 15 hours of usage.
Lenovo offers a keyboard add-on with a touch pad, a folio case with a built-in kick stand and the Lenovo Precision Pen 2 stylus – the Tab P11 Pro is meant to compete with Apple’s iPad Pro, Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S7+ and Microsoft’s Surface tablets.
The Lenovo slate measures 7.7 mm at its thickest point and is made out of an aluminum alloy with a two-tone design on the back. Also here are two cameras – 13MP regular and 5MP ultrawide.
Lenovo enabled face recognition using the two 8 MP cams on the front. This feature automatically logs you into your own account, making the tablet easier to share with the family. You could also use the fingerprint reader, which is built into the Power button.
Lenovo Tab P11 Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2020, August 31
- Status: release 2020, November
- Dimensions: 264.28mm x 171.4 mm x 5.8 mm
- Weight: 485g
- Build: Glass front, aluminum frame, aluminum back
- Colors: Gray
- SIM: Nano-SIM
- Stylus support
- Type: OLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 11.5 inches, 383.5 cm2
- Resolution: 1600 x 2560 pixels, 16:10 ratio (~263 ppi density)
- Android 10
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM730 Snapdragon 730G (8 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 470 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 470 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 618
- RAM: 4GB, 6GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC
- Main Camera: – Dual
- 13 MP, (wide), AF
- 5 MP, (ultrawide)
- Video: [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Dual
- 8 MP
- 8 MP
- Video: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers (4 speakers)
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 8600 mAh, non-removable
Lenovo Tab P11 Pro Price and Availability
The Lenovo Tab P11 Pro will cost €700 in the Europe, Asia and the Middle East and will be available from November. The price in the US will be much more palatable – just $500.