The HUAWEI Y9a has been quietly announced as a tweaked version of HUAWEI Enjoy 20 Plus that was recently launched in China.
The newly announced HUAWEI Y9a is built around a 6.63-inch FHD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels) IPS LCD panel on the front with a 92% screen-to-body ratio lacking any notch or punch-hole. Thatâ€™s because the phoneâ€™s 16MP selfie camera sits in a pop-up module.
Unlike the Enjoy 20 Plus which is a 5G smartphone powered by MediaTek Dimensity 720, the Y9a comes with MediaTek G80 SoC paired with 6GB/8GB LPDDR4x RAM and 128GB UFS 2.1 storage based on regions it is sold. If needed, the storage can be further expanded via Huaweiâ€™s proprietary NM SD card.
At the back of the device, there is a circular design similar to the HUAWEI Mate30 Pro for the camera arrangement but the sensors are different. Because it comes equipped with a 64MP primary snapper paired with an 8MP 120Â° ultra-wide unit, a 2MP depth sensor, and a 2MP macro shooter. On the other hand, the Enjoy 20 Plus features a 48MP + 8MP (ultra-wide) + 2MP (macro) triple camera setup.
The phone runs EMUI 10.1 based on Android 10 with HMS (Huawei Mobile Services). It includes all the necessary sensors such as gyroscope, compass, gravity sensor, ambient light sensor, and a side-mounted fingerprint sensor.
The device will be backed by a 4,200mAh battery with support for 40W fast charging in the Middle East, Africa, and some countries in Middle Asia. Whereas, in other regions, it will feature a 4,200mAh battery and will only support 22.5W fast charging.
Huawei Y9a Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands:
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41 – FRL-L22
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66 – FRL-L23
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2020, September 07
- Status: Exp. release 2020, September
- Dimensions: 163.5 x 76.5 x 9 mm (6.44 x 3.01 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 197 g (6.95 oz)
- Colors: Space Silver, Sakura Pink, Midnight Black
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.63 inches, 106.1 cm2 (~84.8% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~397 ppi density)
- Android 10, EMUI 10.1, no Google Play Services
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio G80 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52 MC2
- RAM: 6GB, 8GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card slot: NM (Nano Memory), up to 256GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- UFS 2.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.4, 120Ëš (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: Quad-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – Motorized pop-up 16 MP, f/2.2, (wide), 1/3.1″, 1.0Âµm
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4200 mAh or 4300 mAh, non-removable (region dependent)
- Charging: Fast charging 22.5W or 40W (region dependent), 70% in 30 min (advertised)
Models: FRL-22, FRL-23
Huawei Y9a Price and Availability
The phone will be available in three colors namely Space Silver, Sakura Pink, and Midnight Bllack. Pre-order starts on September 15 forÂ 1099 SAR (about 293 USD) for the 8GB / 128GB model.