Tecno Pop 4 is a 2020 entry-level smartphone, joining the league of cheap Android phones from the stables of Tecno Mobile. The phone is the successor to the Pop 3 and if we are to go by the pattern that has been followed over the year, it’s very possible to see a Tecno Pop 4 Plus too.
The Pop 4 is built around a 6 inches, and it’s powered by MediaTek MT6580 paired with 2GB of RAM + 32GB onboard storage. It runs on Android 10.
As per the camera department, the phone packs a single 5-megapixel rear camera sensor and an 8-megapixel camera on the front.
Other features include; the Pop features a fingerprint sensor at the back, gem-cut texture design on the back, and a dedicated dual SIM and microSD card slots. It is housed by a 5000mAh battery capacity enough to carry you for days without charging.
Tecno POP 4 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 900 / 900 / 1800 – SIM 1 & SIM 2.
- 3G bands: HSDPA 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: No
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps
- Announced: August 2020
- Status: Release, August 2020
- Dimensions: 160.0 × 77.25 × 9.5 mm
- Weight: g
- Build: Front Glass, Plastic Body
- Colors: Ice Lake Green, Dawn Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6 inches
- Resolution: 480 x 960 pixels, 18:9 aspect ratio
- Android 10 (Go edition)
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6580
- CPU: 64-bit, 1.3GHz quad core, Cortex-A53
- GPU: Mali-400
- RAM: 2 GB
- Internal Storage: 32 GB
- External Storage: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Single – 5 MP main lens
- Features: LED flash
- Video: yes
- Selfie Camera: Single- 8 MP
- Features: Face Recognition
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM Radio
- Audio 3.5 mm jack: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Mono speaker
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Proximity, G-Sensor, Fingerprint Scanner (rear-mounted)
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- Bluetooth: v4.2, A2DP
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: microUSB v2.0.
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Ion 5000 mAh
- Battery Charging: 5W standard charging
Tecno POP 4 Price and Availability
The phone comes in two colors – Ice Lake Green and Dawn Blue. Available in Africa and Asia with a starting price at about $90 (N34,000).