Alongside the Note20 series, Galazy Z Fold2, Galaxy Tab S7 series, Samsung has launched its latest smartwatch called Galaxy Watch3 and it not only puts advanced health technology on your wrist but also does it with style.
Samsung Galaxy Watch3 Design
The watch boasts a design you will find on luxury watches and is made from materials such as stainless steel, titanium (select model), and high-quality leather.
The display is now bigger and the much-loved rotating bezel has been retained. Even with the larger Screen, Samsung says the Galaxy Watch3 is 14% thinner, 8% smaller and 15% lighter than the first-gen Galaxy Watch.
The Galaxy Watch3 is available in two sizes – 41mm and 45mm. The latter will be available in Mystic Bronze and Mystic Silver while the bigger model comes in Mystic Black and Mystic Silver.
The Galaxy Watch3 45mm has a 1.4-inch display while the 41mm version has a 1.2-inch display. Both are Always-On displays with a resolution of 360 x 360 and Gorilla Glass DX protection. There are more than 80,000 watch faces to choose from in the Galaxy store and there are 40 different ways to personalize a watch face.
There is an Exynos 9110 dual-core processor clocked at 1.15GHz inside the watch along with 1GB of RAM and 8GB of storage. The watch runs Tizen based Wearable OS 5.5 and packs lots of features some of which, sadly, are region-specific.
The Galaxy Watch3 brings Blood Oxygen monitoring (Sp02) for measuring and tracking oxygen saturation. The watch will also come with a blood pressure monitor and electrocardiogram (ECG) monitor. Another feature Samsung has added is Fall Detection. Other features are Running Analysis, VO2 Max, sleep management, and a library of over 120 different video workouts.
The new Samsung smartwatch has a 5 ATM waterproof rating and an IP68 rating. It also has Wi-Fi, NFC, Bluetooth 5.0, and GPS (GLONASS, Beidou, and Galileo). The 41mm version has a 247mAh battery while the 45mm version has a 340mAh battery
Samsung Galaxy Watch3 Full Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE
- Announced: 2020, August 05
- Status: release 2020, August 21
- Dimensions: 46.2 x 45 x 11.1 mm (1.82 x 1.77 x 0.44 in)
- Weight: 53.8 (45mm), 48.2 g (41mm), 43 g (45mm tt.) (1.90 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass DX), stainless steel frame 316L or titanium frame
- Colors: Mystic Bronze, Mystic Black, Mystic White
- SIM: eSIM
- Samsung Pay
- MIL-STD-810G compliant*
- 50m water resistant (IP68)
- ECG certified
- Blood pressure monitor
- Compatible with standard 20/22mm straps
- Touch-sensitive bezel
- Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 1.4 inches, 6.3 cm2 (~30.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 360 x 360 pixels, 1:1 ratio (~364 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass DX
- Always-on display
- Tizen-based wearable OS 5.5
- Chipset: Exynos 9110 (10 nm)
- CPU: Dual-core 1.15 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Mali-T720
- RAM: 1GB
- Internal Storage: 8GB
- Memory Card slot: No
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: No
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, heart rate, barometer
- Natural language commands and dictation
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 340 mAh battery
- Charging: Qi wireless charging
Models: SM-R855F, SM-R845F (Global, LTE model); SM-R855U, SM-R845U (USA, LTE model); SM-R850, SM-R840 (Wi-Fi only)
- 45mm size, 1.4″ display, 340 mAh battery
- 41mm size, 1.2″ display, 247 mAh battery
Samsung Galaxy Watch3 Price and Availability
The Galaxy Watch3 goes on sale tomorrow in the US with a price tag of $399.99 for the 41mm version without LTE and $449.99 for the LTE version. The 45mm version without LTE is $429.99 and the LTE version is $479.99.