After months of rumors and speculations, and postponement of announcement, the Google Pixel 4a is finally official. As earlier reported, no XL version this year, the affordable Pixel only coming in a single 5.81-inch size.
The phone is powered by the Snapdragon 730G chipset paired with 128GB of internal storage and 6GB of RAM. There are no versions with extra storage nor a microSD card so that will have to do it.
The 5.81-inch OLED display comes with 1080 x 2340px resolution with a tall 19.5:9 aspect ratio. There’s also a punch-hole for the 8MP front-facing camera in the upper-left corner of the screen. With a display of this size, the Pixel 4a will easily attract users looking for something affordable and compact at the same time.
As far as the camera department is concerned, you will get a single 12.2MP 1/2.55″ sensor with large 1.4Âµm pixels and fast f/1.7 optics. This supports all the Pixel 4 features like Night Sight, Portrait Mode, Top Shot. There’s also OIS to keep your videos shake-free On the front, we have one 8MP cam with f/2.0 aperture and 1.12Î¼m pixels, but no autofocus.
The Google Pixel 4a comes with a small 3,140 mAh battery that can be charged over the Power Delivery 2.0 standard at up to 18W. It’s also important to note that the 3.5mm audio jack is still on board.
Google Pixel 4a Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 38, 39, 40, 41, 66, 71
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (3CA) Cat12 600/75 Mbps
- Announced: 2020, August 03
- Status: Exp. release 2020, August 20
- Dimensions: 144 x 69.4 x 8.2 mm (5.67 x 2.73 x 0.32 in)
- Weight: 143 g (5.04 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 3), plastic back, plastic frame
- Colors: Just Black
- SIM: Nano-SIM and/or eSIM
- Type: OLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 5.81 inches, 83.2 cm2 (~83.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~443 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Always-on display
- Android 10
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM730 Snapdragon 730 (8 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 470 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 470 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 618
- RAM: 6GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 2.1
- Main Camera: Single – 12.2 MP, f/1.7, 27mm (wide), 1/2.55″, 1.4Âµm, dual pixel PDAF, OIS
- Features: LED flash, Auto-HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps; gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/2.0, 24mm (wide), 1.12Âµm
- Features: Auto-HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 3140 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast charging 18W
- USB Power Delivery 2.0
Pixel 4a Price and Availability
The handset is available for pre-order in the;
- US for $349 while actual sales will kick off on August 20.
- UK for Â£349
- Germany for â‚¬340
The 4a is also coming to in Australia, Canada, France, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Singapore, Spain and Taiwan. Sadly, the rumors turned out to be true so the only available color is Just Black.