After good outings with the popular Armor smartphone series, China’s popular smartphone maker – UMIDIGI is planning to launch a rugged smartphone called UMIDIGI BISON. This is going to mark the launch of a new Bison series smartphone. The renders of the phone has leaked revealing the design of the smartphone along with its quad-rear camera. A rugged back panel is easily visible in the render leak.
UMIDIGI BISON will have some combination of modern smartphone design, including solid camera setup and rugged features. The matrix quad camera is visible along with a large LED flash which can fully illuminate the low-light environment. It resembles the recently launched Umidigi S5 Pro but comes with a better camera sensor. The handset will come in two variants – one with a Sony 48-megapixel main camera and the other one with a 64-megapixel unit.
Moreover, we can spot three dots alongside the camera module forming a triangle which could be some new sensor. The smartphone’s branding is clearly visible exactly at the centre of the device with a unique symbol and stylish design. Whole design on the rear side, from top to bottom and across all the corners gives a sturdy and stealthy look. It is highly speculated to feature IP68/IP69 rating for the shockproof, waterproof and dustproof experience.
Available info says that UMIDIGI BISON has two dedicated buttons – likely one for the camera and the second for push-to-talk (PTT) functionality. The phone also has a side-mounted fingerprint sensor.
Full details about the device and the hardware are not yet available. The UMIDIGI BISON will feature affordable price tag while housing the big battery and Stock Android experience. We expect some more confirmed information soon.
UMIDIGI BISON Specifications (Rumoured)
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (2CA) Cat13 600/50 Mbps
- Announced: 2020, August 17
- Status: Release Date, 2020, August
- Dimensions: mm
- Weight: g
- Build: Plastic (Rugged Phone)
- Colors: Black
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- IP68 water and Dust proof rating: Yes (up to 1.5m of water for up to 30 minutes)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.5 inches
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels pixels, 20:9 aspect ratio
- Android 10
- CPU: 64-bit, 1.8 GHz Octa-core, Cortex-A73
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio
- Graphics Processor: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB
- Memory Card Slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: 64 MP Sony IMX, LED flash, 1080p@30fps video recording (2nd variant ha s48 MP unit)
- Selfie Camera: 16 MP, Face Recognition, 1080p@30fps video capture
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Mono speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, hotspot
- Bluetooth: v4.2, A2DP
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB: microUSB v2.0. USB-OTG
- NFC: Yes
- Sensors: Digital Compass, Accelerometer, Proximity, Ambient Light
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Ion 4150 mAh
- Charging: 18W fast charging
UMIDIGI BISON Price and Availability
The phone is expected to be available Globally and the price is yet to be announced.