Chinese smartphone maker Tecno Mobile has announced the TECNO SPARK 5 Pro smartphone. The new model is an addition to the Spark 5 Series â€“ the vanilla and Air variants. The Spark 5 Pro has almost the same specs as the regular version except for a couple of upgrades – the photography section and storage.
Just like its vanilla sibling, the Spark 5 pro is built around a 6.6-inch display with 720 x 1,600px resolution. The front has a punch hole that houses an 8MP selfie camera. Impressively, the front camera is joined by a dual LED flash â€“ single LEDs on the front are quite rare, two of them even more so.
Around the back, the Pro variant comes with a Quad rear camera setup, comprising of a 16MP sensor in the main module with an f/1.8 aperture, a 2MP macro camera, a 2MP depth sensor and a fourth camera is an AI lens.
The Tecno Spark 5 Pro is powered by a MediaTek Helio A25 with only 4GB of RAM and 64GB storage. That is an upgrade when compared to Spark 5. Thereâ€™s a fingerprint reader on the back, next to the camera, but the front cam can be used for face unlock as well. It runs Android 10 with the HiOS 6.1 modification.
The phone has a 5,000mAh battery. On the connectivity side, thereâ€™s 4G with VoLTE support and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Tecno Spark 5 Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G bands: LTE 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 8(900) / 38(2600) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
- Announced: 2020, May
- Status: Release. 2020, May
- Dimensions: 164.7 x 76.3 x 8.8 mm (6.48 x 3.00 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 192 g
- Physical Build: Plastic
- Colours: Ice Jadeite, Spark Orange, Seabbed Blue, Cloud White
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.6 inches, 105.2 cm2Â (~83.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~266 ppi density)
- Android 10, HIOS 6.1
- CPU: Octa-core (4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.5 GHz Cortex-A53)
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio A25 (12 nm)
- Graphics Processor: IMG PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB
- External Storage: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera Quad
- 16 MP, f/1.8, PDAF
- 2 MP, (macro)
- 2 MP, (depth)
- Features: HDR, Quad LED flash
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single- 8 MP, f/2.0aperture
- Features: Face Recognition
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM Radio
- Audio 3.5 mm jack: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Mono speakers
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, hotspot
- Bluetooth: v4.2, A2DP
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: microUSB v2.0
- Sensors: Accelerometer,Â Proximity,Â Fingerprint (Rear-mounted)
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Ion 5000 mAh
- Battery Charging: 10W standard charging
Tecno Spark 5 Pro Price and Availability
The phone is Available in four colors: Ice Jadeite, Spark Orange, Seabed Blue, Cloud White. The price is yet to be revealed. However, the phone is expected to be available in Nigeria, Kenya and other African countries as well Asia.
Tecno Best Selling Markets
Tecno phones are bestsellers across Africa and Asia Pacific. Countries where they are officially available include: Benin, Cameroon, Egypt, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Kenya, Morocco, Nigeria, Senegal, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Rwanda, Algeria, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Pakistan, Philippines, Thailand, India, The United Arab Emirates, as well as Colombia in South America.