Realme has launched the Realme 6i in India. No, donâ€™t get it wrong, this might sound confusing but let it be known that it is not the same 6i that was launched back in March and announced in India as the Narzo 10 in May. The one unveiled introduced to the Indian market today is actually a rebranded Realme 6s announced back in May. Yeah, the companyâ€™s naming system is somehow confusing.
The new Realme 6i (India) is actually an affordable variant of the Realme 6 as it comes with a downgraded main camera. The Realme 6i features a 48MP primary camera as against the 64MP sensor on the 6.
The rest of the specs of the Indian 6i remains basically the same. That means you get a Helio G90T SoC running the Android 10-based Realme UI on a 6.5″ FullHD+ 90Hz LCD. There’s a side-mounted fingerprint reader, and a 4,300 mAh battery.
The Realme 6i supports 30W fast charging but comes bundled with a 20W adapter. Realme told us this was necessary to keep the costs down and include other important features.
The Realme 6i has a 16MP selfie camera nested inside the punch hole, while the 48MP main camera at the back is joined by 8MP ultrawide, 2MP macro and 2MP depth sensor modules.
The Realme 6i is offered in Eclipse Black and Lunar White colors and has two memory options – 4GB/64GB and 6GB/64GB. The smartphone also comes with a dedicated slot for a microSD card that allows storage expansion by up to 256GB.
Realme 6i (India) Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 38, 40, 41
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/11.5 Mbps, LTE-A (2CA) Cat6 300/75 Mbps
- Announced: 2020, July 24
- Status: Exp. release 2020, July 31
- Dimensions: 162.1 x 74.8 x 8.9 mm (6.38 x 2.94 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 191 g (6.74 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 3), plastic back, plastic frame
- Colors: Eclipse Black, Lunar White
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Weather-sealed ports & loudspeaker
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.5 inches, 102.0 cm2 (~84.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~405 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 480 nits typ. brightness (advertised)
- 90Hz refresh rate
- Android 10, Realme UI
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6785 Helio G90T (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.05 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- Storage: 64GB 4GB RAM, 64GB 6GB RAM
- GPU: Mali-G76 MC4
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- UFS 2.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8Âµm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.3, 119Ëš (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12Âµm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP B/W, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide), 1/3.06″, 1.0Âµm
- Features: HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4300 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast charging 30W, 100% in 55 min (advertised)
- USB Power Delivery
Realme 6i Price and Availability
The 4GB RAM variant has a price tag of INR12,999 ($175/â‚¬150) and the 6GB model at INR14,999 ($200/â‚¬175).
Both versions is expected to go on sale in India starting July 31 through Flipkart, Realme’s official Indian site, and Royal Club Partners.