Motorola has just launched its most affordable 5G smartphone called the Moto G 5G Plus. The Moto G lineup has always been about bringing the most bang for your cash and the G 5G Plus will be among the most affordable 5G phones in Europe.
The Moto G 5G Plus is built around a 6.7-inch FHD+ display with a 90Hz refresh rate and a dual punch holes for the 16MP primary and 8MP ultrawide selfie cameras. The panel is HDR 10 compliant and boasts a 21:9 aspect ratio. The fingerprint scanner which also serves as the power button is located on the right-hand side.
Around the back, the phone has a quad-camera setup on it back housed in a square setup – a first in the Moto lineup. The 48MP main shooter is joined by an 8MP ultrawide snapper, 5MP macro module and a 2MP depth helper.
The Moto G 5G Plus id powered by the Snapdragon 765 chipset paired with 4GB or 6GB RAM and 64/128GB onboard storage which is further expandable via the microSD slot.
The battery comes in at 5,000 mAh and supports 20W fast wired charging.
On the software side, you will get the same clean build of Android 10 with some slight Moto enhancements now called My UX. Other notable features include a headphone jack, NFC and splash-resistant design.
Moto G 5G Plus Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE
- 5G bands: SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2020, July 07
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2020, July 08
- Dimensions: 168 x 74 x 9 mm (6.61 x 2.91 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 207 g (7.30 oz)
- Build: Plastic frame
- Colors: Blue
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Splash resistant
- Type: LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.7 inches, 104.9 cm2 (~84.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2520 pixels, 21:9 ratio (~409 ppi density)
- 90Hz refresh rate
- Android 10
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM765 Snapdragon 765G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.4 GHz Kryo 475 Prime & 1×2.2 GHz Kryo 475 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 475 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 620
- Storage: 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- UFS 2.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 48 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8Âµm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 118Â° (ultrawide), 1.12Âµm
- 5 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.2, 1.75Âµm, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps
- Selfie Camera: Dual
- 16 MP, f/2.0, 1.0Âµm, (wide)
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 1.12Âµm, (ultrawide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, LTEPP, SUPL
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast charging 20W
Moto G 5G Plus Price and Availability
The Moto G 5G is expected to be available in Europe as from tomorrow. The phone will come in blue and purple colors at;
- â‚¬349 for the 4GB + 64GB version
- â‚¬399 for the 6GB + 128GB version
Motorola is also bringing the phone to Saudi Arabia and the UAE in the coming months.
While the G 5G Plus will skip the US, Motorola promised to bring a sub-$500 5G phone to North America in the fall.