The Lava Z61 Pro has been unveiled as a budget phone. This is a budget phone for people who want something small and cheap – the 5.45-inch screen makes the phone more compact than most. The phone is a successor to the Z61 launched in 2018.
A note worthy thing about this phone is that it is part of the “Made in India” program. Last month the company announced plans to shift its production facilities from China to India, an R&D center will also be moved.
The screen has 720 x 1,440 px resolution (18:9) and is covered with 2.5D glass. Above the screen which comes in a classic design, you will get a 5MP selfie camera.
Around the back, there is the 8 MP main camera, which offers HDR, night mode and portrait mode. There’s no fingerprint reader anywhere on the phone, but you can use the front camera for face unlocking (it reportedly triggers in 0.6 seconds).
It’s more powerful, however, with a 1.6 GHz octa-core processor and 2 GB of RAM. This allows even the base version to run full Android (the older model started with Android Go edition). However, the company doesn’t reveal which version of Android is running on the phone.
Anyway, the Lava Z61 Pro comes with a 16 GB of built-in storage and a microSD card slot for up to 128 GB more. It’s also a dual-SIM phone with 4G VoLTE support, Wi-Fi b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.2. The 3,100 mAh battery charges via an old-school microUSB port. There’s also a 3.5 mm headphone jack at the top.
Lava Z61 Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 900 / 1800 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 40, 41
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
- Announced: 2020, July
- Status: Available. Released 2020, July
- Dimensions: 147.0 x 71.8 x 9.15 mm
- Weight 160 g
- Color: Midnight Blue, Amber Red
- SIM: Dual SIM (Micro-SIM/Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 5.45 inches
- Resolution: 720 x 1440 pixels, 18:9 ratio
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass
- CPU: Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A53
- RAM: 2GB LPDDR4
- Internal Storage: 16GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDHC
- eMMC 5.1
- Main Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/2.0, 1/5.0″, 1.12µm, AF
- Features: LED flash
- Video: [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – 5 MP, f/2.2
- Features: LED flash
- Video: Yes
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
- USB: microUSB 2.0
- Sensors: Accelerometer, proximity
- Battery Type & Capacity: Removable Li-Po 3100 mAh battery
- Charging: Regular
Lava Z61 Pro Price and Availability
The Lava Z61 Pro will be available through Flipkart, Amazon and brick and mortar stores within a week. You’ll be able to choose between Midnight Blue and Amber Red paint jobs. The phone carries a price tag starting at INR 5,774 (about $75).