Unihertz has launched a new crowdfunding product â€“ Jelly 2. If the crowdfunding turns out to be a success, it will become the worldâ€™s smallest 4G smartphone, which runs on the Android 10 system.
Jelly 2 Specs and Feature
Design & Display
The Jelly 2 is the successor of Unihertzâ€™s first smartphone, Jelly. The original Jelly was launched back in 2017 with a 2.45-inch screen. Imagine how this made would have made its soft keyboard almost unusable and caused a bad battery life. In this sense, the upcoming Jelly 2 has taken into consideration these shortcomings and fixed both.
â€˜Packed with a 3-inch screen, 2 times longer battery life, upgraded camera system and GPS sensors, Jelly 2 brings more hit features than the previous Jelly while still maintaining a credit card size. This 4G mini smartphone is designed to act as a companion device to your regular cell, one that you can more easily use for nights out, exercise, or when taking a break from your full-sized smartphone.â€™
Also, the Jelly 2 comes with a larger 3-inch 480Ã—384 screen. Although it is still very small, a 20% increase in size makes a big difference. So some light typing operations are still possible. But we should also point out that when buying a small-screen smartphone, typing isnâ€™t imperative.
When saying itâ€™s upgraded to a larger screen, we donâ€™t mean it is a standard Android smartphone. The Jelly 2 still maintains an incredibly small size. But it delivers a superior visual quality with 326 PPI that lets users enjoy movies, games, and more with vibrant colors and sharp details.
As for the performance, the Jelly 2 comes with a MediaTek Helio P60 processor under the hood. This is a mid-range chip, but it should be enough for a smartphone with limited capabilities. After all, with such a small screen, it is not worth trying hard-core multitasking. The machine has a 2000mAh battery. When comparing with standard Android phones, itâ€™s small. But when we take into account its small body and small screen, itâ€™s more than enough.
Surprisingly, there are even camera sensors on both sides. On the front, we can find an 8MP selfie shooter, while the back has a 16MP single camera.
For security reasons, there is a fingerprint recognition module on the back. But those who have already tested this handset say its experience is very bad. Itâ€™s better not to put it there at all.
In other aspects, the thickness of this phone is 16.5 millimeters, which is like a pebble in the hand. The phone has built-in 6GB of RAM and a 128GB of storage space. It has a headphone jack, so you can just use it as a compact MP3 player.
Jelly 2 Full Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM B2/3/5/8
- CDMA2000 BCO/BC1
- 3G bands WCDMA B1/2/4/5/6/8 /19
- TD-SCDMA B34/39
- 4G bands: LTE 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28A, 28B, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 66
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2020, July 21
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2020, December
- Dimensions: 95.0 x 49.4 x 16.5 mm
- Weight: 110 g
- Colors: Green
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Fluid AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 3 inch
- Resolution: FWVGA 480 x 854, 16:9 ratio
- Android 10
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio P60 MT6771)
- CPU: 2.0GHz Octa Core
- GPU: Mali G72 MP3
- RAM: 6GB
- Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC
- UFS 2.1
- Main Camera: Single â€“ 16 MP
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30/60fps
- Selfie Camera: Single â€“ 8 MP
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30/60fps
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, 2.4GHz/5GHz Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (Rear), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-removable 2000 mAh battery
- Charging: Regular
Jelly 2 Price and Availability
The Jelly 2 is priced at $129 onÂ Kickstarter, and may be considered as a backup machine.
The crowdfunding started on July 21, 2020, but the device is scheduled for delivery in December 2020. Price
- $129 for Super Early Bird (limited 100)
- $139 for Early Bird (limited 300)
- $149 for Kickstarter Special VIP (limited 500)
- Kickstarter Special is $159