Honor has unveiled its large screen flagship, the Honor X10 Max in China today. This is the company’s largest smartphone in 2020 with a massive 7.09-inch display, ideal for entertainment and gaming. The handset is powered by the MediaTek Dimensity 800 chipset. This makes it the third such Huawei/ Honor device in the recent weeks.
The phone has a similar design scheme as the Honor X10 that was launched back in May. This includes a rectangular camera housing and a slightly curved back. However, instead of a pop-up selfie camera like the Honor X10, the Max features a traditional waterdrop display on the screen. In case you are wondering, the Max retains the 3.5mm headphone jack as well as the side-mounted fingerprint (power button) similar to its smaller sibling.
The Honor X10 Max is built around a large 7.09-inch IPS LCD display with 1080p resolution. The LCD panel supports 100% DCI-P3 color gamut and HDR10. It’s pretty bright as well with a peak brightness of 780 nits.
The device comes with an RGBW panel instead of the traditional RGB. The additional W – white subpixels will reduce the power consumption of the panel when white is being displayed. Therefore, Honor claims that by using an RBGW panel, the X10 Max will ensure reduced power consumption as compared to traditional LCD panel phones. The panel also filters out harmful Blue light (415-455nm) via software.
Note that the display doesn’t support a high refresh rate. So it’s a standard 60Hz panel.
The Honor X10 Max is powered by the Dimensity 800 5G chipset. You get to choose between 6GB RAM and 8GB RAM and up to 128GB of internal storage. It’s clear that the company is looking to keep the price low as you don’t even get a 256GB ROM option.
The primary camera on the phone is a 48MP shooter that’s paired with an 8MP ultrawide and 2MP depth sensor. Up front, you get an 8MP selfie shooter on the waterdrop notch.
Given the humongous size of the screen, the phone features an appropriately sized battery too. You get a 5000mAh battery with 22.5W fast charging, much larger than X10’s 4300mAh capacity.
The Honor X10 Max also features dual 1217 linear stereo speakers with smart PA for amplifying its sound. The phone also supports Huawei Histen 6.1 sound.
Other features include 802.11 ca Wi-Fi, AGPS, Glonass, Beidou, and NFC.
Honor X10 Max Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 18, 19, 26, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 38, 41, 77, 78, 79, 80, 84 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2020, July 02
- Status: Exp. release 2020, July 03
- Dimensions: 174.4 x 84.9 x 8.3 mm (6.87 x 3.34 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 232 g (8.18 oz)
- Colors: Black, Blue, Silver
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 7.09 inches, 125.5 cm2 (~84.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2280 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~356 ppi density)
- RGBW matrix
- Android 10, Magic UI 3.1, no Google Play Services
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6873 Dimensity 800 5G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57MP4
- Storage: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: NM (Nano Memory), up to 256GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- Main Camera: Dual
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 2 MP (depth)
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: [email protected], [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with dual speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast charging 22.5W
Honor X10 Max Price & Availability
The Honor X10 Max comes in three colors: Racing Blue, Black, and Silver. There are three variants of the device and the pricing is as follows.
- 6GB + 64GB – ¥1899 (~$269)
- 6GB + 128GB – ¥2099 (~$297)
- 8GB + 128GB – ¥2499 (~$354)
The Honor X10 Max will go on sale on July 3 across all major retailers in China.