Oppo has launched the global version of the Oppo Reno4 in Thailand. The phone is already official and available for pre-order.
The vanilla Reno4 is powered by a Snapdragon 720G chipset and has four camera lens on the back that look a lot like the Reno4 5G version, but after further inspection, the fourth cam and the LED have switched places.
The Oppo Reno4 is built around a 6.4-inch display with Full HD+ resolution. There is a dual punch hole for the 32MP selfie camera – the secondary snapper is not listed, meaning it is likely a 2MP depth sensor.
The quad-cam setup on the back brings us a 48 MP main cam, an 8 MP ultra-wide-angle snapper, and two 2 MP sensors. The big difference from the Reno4 5G is not visually, but the fact that Oppo decided to switch the laser AF with a regular 2 MP depth cam.
The Snapdragon 720G chip is paired with 8 GB RAM and a built-in storage of 128 GB. There is a dual nano-SIM slot + room for a micro SD, allowing the phone to house three different cards at the same time.
The battery has 4,015 mAh capacity and comes with VOOC 4.0, which goes up to 30W through the USB-C port. There is a 3.5 mm audio jack on the bottom left side, and Oppo is actually shipping earphones in the retail package as well.
Oppo Reno4 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE (unspecified)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2020, July 29
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2020, August 05
- Dimensions: 160.3 x 73.9 x 7.7 mm (6.31 x 2.91 x 0.30 in)
- Weight: 165 g (5.82 oz)
- Build: Glass front, plastic back, plastic frame
- Colors: Galactic Blue, Space Black
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.4 inches, 98.9 cm2 (~83.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~411 ppi density)
- Android 10, ColorOS 7.2
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM7125 Snapdragon 720G (8 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.3 GHz Kryo 465 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 465 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 618
- RAM: 8GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- UFS 2.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 48 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 119˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.4, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.8µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4015 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast charging 30W
- VOOC 4.0
Oppo Reno4 Price and Availability
The Oppo Reno4 is available for pre-order and will be hitting the shelves on August 5. You have the color option of either Galactic Blue or Space Black, it costs THB11,990 (about $385).
There are also plenty of gifts for those who pre-orders the phone, including a JBL speaker, a backpack, an Oppo speaker, and even Marshal headphones, but only for the real early birds.