As we grow into the year, the number of mid-range 5G devices keeps swelling. Other than China, Europe has also been getting a fair share of devices from this category and a new one has just been added today. The ZTE Nubia Red Magic 5G Lite has been announced today in Europe and it has a familiar design and spec sheet.
The Red Magic 5G Lite is essentially a rebadged Nubia Play 5G, hence reason saying it has a familiar design and spec sheet.
The phone is built around a 6.65-inch OLED display a 2340 x 1080 resolution. There is no notch neither is there a hole in the screen. Nubia has stuck to bezels but they are pretty slim. The Red Magic 5G Lite also has a 120Hz refresh rate and a 240hz touch-sampling rate.
The is powered is by the Qualcommâ€™s Snapdragon 765G processor which has a built-in 5G modem. There is liquid cooling which helps keep the device cool when gaming. The Red Magic 5G Lite has 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage. That should be pretty sufficient for most folks.
When it comes to cameras, the phone has a 48MP primary rear camera paired with an 8MP ultrawide angle camera. You also get a 2MP macro camera and a 2MP depth sensor. The front-facing camera is an 8MP sensor.
The Red Magic 5G Lite has an in-display fingerprint scanner, NFC, and Bluetooth 5.0. Sadly, there is no audio jack. The phone also packs a 5100mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging. It also ships with Android 10 out of the box.
nubia Red Magic 5G Lite Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE
- 5G bands: SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2020, June
- Status: Release 2020, June
- Dimensions: 171.7 x 78.5 x 9.1 mm (6.76 x 3.09 x 0.36 in)
- Weight: 215 g (7.41 oz)
- Colors: Black
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Touch sensitive gaming triggers
- Type: AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.65 inches, 108.6 cm2 (~80.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~388 ppi density)
- 144Hz refresh rate
- Android 10, nubia UI 8.0
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM765 Snapdragon 765G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.4 GHz Kryo 475 Prime & 1×2.2 GHz Kryo 475 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 475 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 620
- RAM: 8GB
- Internal Storage: 256GB
- Memory Card slot: No
- Main Camera: Quad
- 48 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8Âµm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12Âµm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30fps; gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single 12 MP, (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 5100 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast charging 30W
nubia Red Magic 5G Lite Price and Availability
The phone is sold by Vodafone in Spain for â‚¬17/month for 36 months which comes to a total of â‚¬612. That is more expensive than the Red Magic 5G with 8GB RAM and 128GB of storage that sells for â‚¬579. Vodafone is including a gamepad worth â‚¬49.99 and a case valued at â‚¬19.99 with the first 500 orders.