vvoâ€™s V-series is known to always welcome new members the V19 family has received a new variant called the vivo V19 Neo. It’s a mid-range smartphone with a pinch or two of flagship specs.
The vivo V19 Neo is a mid-range smartphone that is powered by a Snapdragon 675 SoC. The chipset can only be found in a few mid-range devices like the Redmi Note 7 Pro. This system-on-chip was revealed in October 2018 and consists in an Octa-Core CPU with six power efficient Kyro 460 Silver cores with 1.8GHz clock plus two Kyro 460 gold chips with 2.0GHz clock. These graphical tasks are ensured by an Adreno 612 GPU and the chip supports up to 8GB of dual-channel LPDDR4X-3733 memory.
The phone also includes 8GB of RAM and 128GB of Storage. Like I said before, this configuration is often found among flagship devices. The handset is built around a 6.44-inch Super AMOLED display Ultra O screen with FHD+ resolution. The Ultra O term stands for the top-right aligned punch hole housing the 32MP selfie camera.
Moving around to the back, we have an L-shaped Quad-Camera setup comprising a 48MP main camera, 8MP ultrawide, 2MP macro, and 2MP depth sensor modules. All the advanced camera features, like Super Night Mode, will be present in the rear camera as well. The handset has a beautiful back with gradient and metallic finish.
The vivo V19 Neo draws power from a 4,500mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging. Thatâ€™s a good size for the power-efficient chipset, however, this charging rate will take some hours to fully replenish the phone.
The specifications sound familiar, right? This is because the v19 Neo is a new variant of the V19 that is available in Indonesia. In other markets, the very same device is available under vivo V17 moniker. Pretty confusing right?
vivo V19 Neo Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 38, 40, 41
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2020, June 14
- Status: Available. Released 2020, June
- Dimensions: 159 x 74.2 x 8.5 mm (6.26 x 2.92 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 176 g (6.21 oz)
- Build: Glass front, plastic back, plastic frame
- Colors: Crystal White and Admiral Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.44 inches, 100.1 cm2 (~84.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~409 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass
- Android 10, Funtouch 10.0
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM675 Snapdragon 675 (11 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Kryo 460 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 460 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 612
- RAM: 8GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- UFS 2.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 48 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8Âµm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12Âµm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro), 1/5.0″, 1.75Âµm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.5, 23mm (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.8Âµm
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4500 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast charging 18W
vivo V19 Neo Price and Availability
The new smartphone comes in two color options â€“ Crystal White and Admiral Blue. The vivo V19 Neo costs PHP 17,999, which is around $360 or â‚¬320. The handset is available in The Philippines through vivoâ€™s local website.