Oppo has launched two new models in the Reno4 series today in China. The Reno4 and the Reno4 Pro are upper mid-range smartphones with powerful camera setup, optimized for videography. Another interesting selling point of the new OPPO Reno4 series is its slim and lightweight form factor.
Oppo Reno4 Pro
As the name suggests the Oppo Reno4 Pro brings a more sophisticated camera setup with OIS on the main 48MP shooter and a dedicated telephoto lens. The Pro also gets a 90Hz refresh rate screen which comes in at 6.5-inches with a single punch hole cutout for the 32MP selfie cam.
The Reno4 Pro steps up the ultrawide cam to 12MP and also comes with a 13MP telephoto module capable 5x hybrid optical and 20x digital zoom.
Oppo is including its Live HDR video which promises better detail preservation and color accuracy, especially in low light scenarios.
The batteries come in at 4,000 mAh and support 65W fast wired charging – SuperVOOC 2.0.
Oppo Reno4 Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G 3.7/1.6 Gbps
- Announced: 2020, June 05
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2020, June 12
- Dimensions: 159.6 x 72.5 x 7.6 mm (6.28 x 2.85 x 0.30 in)
- Weight: 172 g (6.07 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 6), glass back (Gorilla Glass 6), aluminum frame
- Colors: Black, White, Blue, Pink, Green
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.55 inches, 103.6 cm2 (~89.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~402 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- 90Hz refresh rate
- 500 nits typ. value (advertised)
- Android 10, ColorOS 7.2
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM765 Snapdragon 765G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.4 GHz Kryo 475 Prime & 1×2.2 GHz Kryo 475 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 475 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 620
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 2.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 48 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF, Laser AF, OIS
- 13 MP, f/2.4, 52mm (telephoto), 1/3.4″, 1.0µm, PDAF, 2x optical zoom
- 12 MP, f/2.2, 120˚ (ultrawide), 1/2.43″, 1.4µm, AF (dedicated video camera)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps; gyro-EIS, OIS, HDR
- Selfie Camera: Dual
- 32 MP, f/2.4, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.8µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast charging 65W, 60% in 15 min, 100% in 36 min (advertised)
- SuperVOOC 2.0
Models: PDNM00, PDNT00
Oppo Reno4 Pro Price and Availability
The Reno4 Pro will come in black, white, green and two special blue and red Reno Glow colors which feature a frosted glass design.
- The 8GB + 128GB variant costs CNY 3,799 ($535)
- The 8GB + 256GB variant costs CNY 4,299 ($606)
- The special Pantone Summer Green Edition will go on sale for ¥4299 on June 18.
Pre-orders for the Reno4 series in China are currently up and will go on sale via online and offline retailers on June 12. No information yet on the International availability.
The special Pantone Summer Green Edition will go on sale for ¥4299 on June 18.