Motorola has officially announced its second smartphone with a pop-up selfie camera called the Motorola One Fusion+. Of course, this is a ploy to avoid the punch hole, which is prevalent in recent One models, even the flagship Edge+ has one.
The Motorola One Fusion+ is built around a display the company called 6.5-inch Total Vision display unblemished. Itâ€™s an IPS LCD with 1080p+ resolution and HDR10 support.
As per the selfie camera, the phone comes with a 16MP sensor and raises up only when itâ€™s needed (thereâ€™s a fingerprint reader on the back that can be used to unlock the phone). The Moto One Hyper, is quite similar to this device, but it does pack a 32MP pop-up selfie cam.
Around the back, you will find a main camera based on a 64MP sensor, just like the Hyper. It has an f/1.8 aperture and a Quad Bayer design for better low light performance. Itâ€™s joined by an 8 MP ultrawide-angle camera (118Â°), a 5MP dedicated macro cam and a 2MP depth sensor for portraits.
The Motorola One Fusion+ is powered by the Snapdragon 730, an nm chipset that promises CPU and GPU performance upgrades over the Snapdragon 675 (11 nm) used in the Hyper. Itâ€™s hooked up to 6GB of RAM and 128 GB storage, which can be expanded by microSD cards up to 1 TB.
To have a microSD on your phone, you will have to settle for a single SIM, however, as the phone has a hybrid card slot. The good news is that it also has a 3.5mm headphone jack and an FM radio receiver on board, how old school. Thereâ€™s no NFC, though.
The other wired connector is the USB-C port, which supports 15W fast charging for the 5,000 mAh battery. For comparison, the Hyper supports 27 W charging in Europe and 45W in the US, but its battery is smaller (4,000mAh).
Motorola One Fusion+ Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G bands:
- HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 International
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 LATAM
- 4G bands:
- 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 19, 20, 38, 40, 41 – Europe, India
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 19, 28, 66 – LATAM
- 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 19, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41 – APEM
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A Cat4 150/50 Mbps
- Announced: 2020, June 08
- Status: Available. Released 2020, June 08
- Dimensions: 162.9 x 76.4 x 9.6 mm (6.41 x 3.01 x 0.38 in)
- Weight: 210 g (7.41 oz)
- Colors: Blue, White
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Splash resistant
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.5 inches, 103.7 cm2 (~83.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~396 ppi density)
- Android 10
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM730 Snapdragon 730 (8 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 470 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 470 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 618
- RAM: 6GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Main Camera: Quad
- 64 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/1.72″, 0.8Âµm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 118Ëš (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12Âµm
- 5 MP, f/2.2, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.2, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – Motorized pop-up 16 MP, f/2.0, (wide), 1/3.0″, 1.0Âµm
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM radio (market/region dependent)
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, LTEPP, SUPL
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast charging 15W
Motorola One Fusion+ Price and Availability
The Motorola One Fusion+ will arrive Europe later this month and it will carry a price tag of â‚¬300 (there’s no word on a US launch).
The phone will be available in two colors, Moonlight White and Twilight Blue.