Last year,Â HuaweiÂ announced HMS aka Huawei Mobile Services to fill the huge gap left by GMS (Google Mobile Services) on its Android smartphones and tablets. The HMS Core app is similar to Google Play Services and it received new update which comes as version 5.0 in China with new features.
Huawei has today released HMS Core 5.0 framework update to its smartphones. This new update comes with audio, video, image, graphics engine, computer graphics, and augmented reality. In addition, it also includes positioning services (supporting network positioning crowdsourcing) and fence management capabilities.
HMS Core v22.214.171.1244 Official Changelog
Below is the summary of the update
- Adds audio, video, image, graphics engine, computer graphics, augmented reality engine and other service capabilities;
- Positioning services: support network positioning crowdsourcing and fence management capabilities;
- Push service: support LBS, contextual push;
- Optimizes some service experience.
Huawei HMS Core is a collection of Huawei terminal cloud service open capabilities. These capabilities and services will help applications gain more users, higher activity, and more efficient business success. The intelligent distribution of all terminals in all scenes around the world allows developers to focus on innovation and bring more and better all-scenario smart life experiences to Huawei end users. Presently, the major highlights of Huawei HMS Core are in the following aspects:
- Global distribution â€“ it is available in 170+ countries/regions, covering 600 million users
- 8 global DigiXLab, DTSE team provides global technical support;
- Cost savings, free start, easy to get started, flexible from development to shelf, one-stop service experience
- Safe and reliable, follow GAPP, GDPR, and local regulations. 3 regions, 15 data centers, 20+ regulatory certification
- Accurate reach, 400 million monthly active users in the application market, more than 6 data analysis models, helping to build an accurate user portrait, multiple push methods based on user behavior, helping precise marketing
- HMS Core services now available in more than 55,000 apps