Earlier today, Honor finally unveiled its Play4 series of smartphones in China. The lineup consists of the base Honor Play 4 and the Play 4 Pro model. Both smartphone are 5G enabled and feature an Infrared Temperature sensor.
Honor Play 4 Pro
The Honor Play4 Pro is the high end model from the series and aimed at the upper mid-range segment in the market. It is built around a larger 6.81-inch display with a dual punch hole selfie camera cut out on the front (32 megapixel + 8 megapixel).
On the rear, the device houses a dual camera setup, unlike the base variant. Its primary sensor is a 40 megapixel Sony IMX600 RYYB sensor alongside an 8 megapixel telephoto lens with 3x optical zoom.
The smartphone features Huawei HiSiliconâ€™s Kirin 990 5G SoC, which supports dual mode 5G. It supports up to 40W fast charging and runs Magic UI 3.0, which is also found on the base Play4 variant. The device is also available in three color variants, including Mecha Blue, Icelandic Illusion and Fantasy Night Black. A notable inclusion in the Pro variant is also the special IR temperature sensor that is housed in a separate Honor Play4 Pro version.
This Infrared sensor can measure temperatures from -20 degrees Celsius to 100 degrees Celsius. The smartphone itself does not emit infrared, but rather it absorbs infrared energy from a person or an object to calculate the exact temperature. During this time of crisis, avoiding the Coronavirus infection and keeping regular tabs on oneâ€™s health is a necessary step.
Honor Play4 Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 26, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2020, June 03
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2020, June 10
- Dimensions: 162.7 x 75.8 x 8.9 mm (6.41 x 2.98 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 213 g (7.51 oz)
- Colors: Black, Blue, Light Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.57 inches, 104.2 cm2 (~84.5% screen-to-body ratio
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~401 ppi density)
- Android 10, Magic UI 3.1, no Google Play Services
- Chipset: Kirin 990 (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.86 GHz Cortex-A76 & 2×2.09 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×1.86 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MP16
- RAM: 8GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC
- Main Camera: Dual
- 40 MP, f/1.8, 27mm (wide), 1/1.7″, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.4, 80mm (telephoto), PDAF, Laser AF, OIS, 3x optical zoom
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30fps, 1080p@960fps, OIS, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Dual
- 32 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.8Âµm
- 8 MP, (ultrawide)
- Features: Panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4200 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast charging 40W, 70% in 30 min (advertised)
Honor Play4 Pro Price and Availability
The Honor Play4 Pro goes for;
- 2,899 Yuan ($408) for the 8GB RAM + 128GB storage variant.
- 2,999 Yuan ($422) for the special version with the IR temperature sensor.
The Honor Play4 series is currently available for pre-order in China.