MTN Free 10GB â€“ While MTN 4G is yet to cover all the cities in Nigeria and least good portion of rural areas, the number of subscribers that are yet to upgrade their 3G SIM to 4G SIM are still on the greater side. If you are on this side, I bet you, your browsing experience is still very limited.
However, the telecom operatorÂ wants you to upgrade your SIM to 4G so that your browsing experience can improve, and not just that but you get to see more bonuses and double data offers.
Benefits You Will Get When You Upgrade To 4G SIM
Customers who upgrade their SIMs from 3G to 4G will receive the following after a successful upgrade as communicated in the 4G upgrade modification;
1. Free 10GB instantly that is valid for 7 days after a successful SIM upgrade.
2. 100% data bonus on all data bundle purchases between N500 and N5,000 for the first 3 months after the upgrade.
- NB: Bonus can be used on any network (2G, 3G, or 4G) devices.
3. 25% data bonus on all data bundle purchases for another 3 months (Months 4 to 6) after the upgrade.
How To Upgrade Your MTN SIM To 4G
Please be informed that the SIM upgrade is free.
Now, to upgrade your SIM, simply visit any MTN service center or connect store close to you with your;
- Phone number
- 3G SIM card
- SIM pack or a sworn High Court affidavit as a proof of ownership (if the serial number on the SIM is no longer visible)
A customer care rep will attend to you, and give a new SIM Pack. You can dial *123*1*7# to use shop locator if you are having challenges locating one.
Upon successful upgrade, text 4G to 131 and youâ€™ll receive free 10GB data.
Please use the comments below to share your experience with 3G MTN SIM and when youâ€™ll be upgrading to 4G.