Xiaomi subsidiary Redmi launched its latest phones today with the 10X series. In the series, we have the 10X 5G, 10X Pro 5G and also the 10X 4G which is a rebranded Redmi Note 9 for the Chinese market.
The Redmi 10X series features a 6.57-inch Samsung AMOLED display offering Full HD+ screen resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels, HDR10, DC Dimming, and 800 nit peak brightness. It also comes with an in-display fingerprint sensor for added security.
Both devices come powered by the newly introduced MediaTek Dimensity 820 5G chipset. Wang Teng, Product Director of Redmi said that the company collaborated with MediaTek to optimize the performance on the chipset which has managed to score 415,672 points on the AnTuTu benchmark.
The Redmi 10X series come with support for 5G + 5G dual standby support. This means it supports simultaneous usage of 5G on both the SIM slot at the same time. They come packed with up to 8GB of LPDDR4X RAM and up to 256GB of internal storage.
As per the camera department, the 10X 5G comes with a triple-camera setup that includes a 48MP primary snapper, an 8 MP wide-angle lens, and a 2MP depth sensor. On the front side, it is equipped with a 16MP snapper for taking selfies.
Coming to the Pro model, it comes with a quad-camera setup that consists of a 48MP primary sensor, an 8MP zoom lens with 30X digital zoom support, an 8MP wide-angle lens, and a 5MP macro lens. On the front side, it is equipped with a 20MP snapper.
The smartphones are running the Android 10 operating system out-of-the-box along with the company’s latest MIUI 12 custom user interface on top. The Redmi 10X series is powered by a 4,520mAh battery but the standard model supports 22.5W fast charging whereas the Pro model comes with support for 33W fast charging.
Redmi 10X 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 41, 78, 79 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2020, May 26
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2020, June 01
- Dimensions: 164.2 x 75.8 x 9 mm (6.46 x 2.98 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 205 g (7.23 oz)
- Colors: Blue, Gold, Pink/Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.57 inches, 104.2 cm2 (~83.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~401 ppi density)
- 600 nits typ. brightness (advertised)
- Android 10, MIUI 11
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6875 Dimensity 820 5G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.6 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC5
- Storage: 64GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- UFS 2.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 119˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps, 720p@960fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.3, (wide)
- Features: HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM radio; built-in antenna
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4520 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast charging 22.5W
- Reverse charging 9W
Redmi 10X 5G Price and Availability
The 10X 5G starts at –
- 6GB + 64GB: 1,599 yuan (~$224)
- 6GB + 128GB: 1,799 yuan (~$252)
- 8GB + 128GB: 2,099 yuan (~$294)
- 8GB + 256GB: 2,399 yuan (~$336)
Official sales begin on June 1.