The Poco F2 Pro was one of the most anticipated device of the moment in the smartphone world. A lot has been said about this model. This device could be the new high-end favorite of many users worldwide, thanks to the popularity of Pocophone F1 – one of the best-selling high-end smartphones in recent years. The new model boasts of a better design, high-end features, a very interesting camera and a very powerful performance.
If you have seen or been using the Redmi K30 Pro, then you are now far from what we have on the new Poco F2 Pro as it virtually the same device. Its body is covered in glass and metal, it has a rear camera in a circular format and the front is made up of the screen and some thin bezels.
The front camera is located in a pop-up mechanism hidden in the upper frame. It is a design quite similar to the one presented by the Redmi K20 Pro or Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro last year. So it does not have a curved screen and includes the fingerprint sensor under the screen.
It is a simple design, but very interesting for most users. It offers what thousands of users ask for: screen without notch or holes and flat panel.
Poco F2 Pro Features
The new Poco F2 Pro has the same specs as those of the Redmi K30 Pro. It is not a bad thing, because Xiaomi presented a very complete device able to compete with the rest of the high ranges of the market. It has almost everything a user could want from a high-end smartphone.
The most important deficiency of this device is a 90 or 120 Hz screen. It is something that almost all current high-end devices have and that this Poco F2 Pro leaves behind. The good news is that the touch panel refresh rate is 180 Hz. This will enhance the experience if you’re coming from a device with a 60Hz touch rate, but it’s not the same experience as having a 120Hz image refresh rate.
The rest of the features are everything you can expect from a high-end. Its processor is the most powerful on the market today, it has the most advanced RAM and storage chips, a good battery and a fairly versatile camera. It also has the LiquidCool 2.0 technology, which has three layers: graphite, graphene and, finally, the “Super VC”. That vapor chamber is larger than competing phones, which Poco says will enable more efficient cooling.
We could say that it is a complete device in almost all aspects, but buying a high-end mobile in 2020 without a refresh rate of more than 60 Hz looks very difficult to defend. At present, you can get mobile devices for about $300 with a refresh rate of 90 Hz, so we do not understand this movement by Poco.
Poco F2 Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE
- 5G bands: SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A; 5G
- Announced: 2020, May 12
- Status: Exp. release 2020, May
- Dimensions: 163.3 x 75.4 x 8.9 mm (6.43 x 2.97 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 218 g (7.69 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), glass back (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame
- Colors: Black, Grey, Blue, Purple, White
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.67 inches, 107.4 cm2 (~87.2% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~395 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 500 nits typ. brightness (advertised)
- Android 10, MIUI 11
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- RAM: 6GB, 8GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB, 256GB
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.0 – 128GB
- UFS 3.1 – 256GB
- Main Camera: Quad
- 64 MP, 26mm (wide), 1/1.72″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 5 MP, 50mm (telephoto macro), AF
- 13 MP, 13mm (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, (depth)
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected]/30fps, [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/120/240fps, [email protected]; gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – Motorized pop-up 20 MP, (wide), 1/3.4″, 0.8µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS, NavIC
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4700 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast charging 33W, 100% in 63 min (advertised)
- USB Power Delivery
- Quick Charge 4+
Poco F2 Pro Price and Availability
The price and availability of new Poco F2 Pro was announced too. The phone will come in two versions and four colors: grey, blue, purple and white. The price is very interesting, as it is one of the devices with the best and cheapest hardware you can buy.
- Poco F2 Pro 6 + 128 GB – 499 euros ($542)
- Poco F2 Pro 8 + 256 GB – 599 euros ($650)
It will be available for pre-order today, shipping should start on May 19.