Alongside the Meizu 17, the company also launched the flagship Meizu 17 Pro. It comes with almost the same configuration as that of the vanilla variant, offering just few changes to fans. The Pro version has upgraded to the LPDDR5 memory, uses an entire ceramic body, and the camera has also been upgraded to 64MP full-scene AR professional imaging system.
The Meizu 17 Pro maintains the 6.6-inch Samsung Super AMOLED screen, polar edge full-screen, Snapdragon 865, UFS 3.1 flash memory, 4500mAh battery, 30W super-fast charge, etc. The main enhancements are the fuselage design and imaging system.
The memory of the Meizu 17 Pro is upgraded to LPDDR5. Compared with the overall performance of LPDDR4X, it has been improved by 20%. The Meizu 17 Proâ€™s AnTuTu score is up to 600,000. Also, it has a 12GB capacity.
In terms of charging, in addition to 30W super-fast charging, the Meizu 17 Pro also supports Super wireless mCharge 27W wireless fast charging. The latter can charge 47% of the power in 30 minutes. It also supports nighttime smart charging and reverse charging. They can be used for Bluetooth headsets and watches.
However, the biggest change of the Meizu 17 Pro is the fuselage. Compared with the glass process of the Meizu 17, the whole system of Meizu 17 Pro uses an integrally formed ceramic back cover. It adopts the physical weather deposition process and has a refined texture.
The last major upgrade is the camera. The Meizu 17 Pro uses a 64MP full-scene AR professional imaging system. The main camera still uses the Sony IMX686 CMOS, but the sub-cameras are greatly upgraded. There are an 8MP telephoto, a 32MP super wide-angle / macro, and a Samsung 3D deep sensor (debut). It not only enriched the camera performance but also brought the AR function.
Specifically, the Meizu 17 Proâ€™s 32-megapixel ultra-wide-angle lens is customized, with a 129Â° field of view and an equivalent 15mm focal length. The Sony IMX616 sensor supports 4-in-1 pixels technology. It has the highest pixel in the macro lens.
Meizu 17 Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 41, 78, 79 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A; 5G
- Announced: 2020, May 08
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2020, May 11
- Dimensions: 160 x 77.2 x 8.5 mm (6.30 x 3.04 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 219 g (7.72 oz)
- Build: Glass front, cerramic back, cerramic frame
- Colors: Mint, Black, White
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.6 inches, 106.9 cm2 (~86.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~390 ppi density)
- 90Hz refresh rate
- 700 nits typ. value
- Android 10, Flyme 8.1
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- RAM: 8GB, 12GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB, 256GB
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/1.72″, 0.8Âµm, PDAF, OIS
- 8 MP, f/2.4, 79mm (telephoto), 1.0Âµm, PDAF
- 32 MP, f/2.2, 15mm, 129Â° (ultrawide), 1/2.8″, 0.8Âµm
- 3 MP, TOF 3D, f/1.4, (depth)
- Features: 5-LED dual-tone flash, Auto-HDR, panorama
- Video: 2160p@30/60fps, 1080p; gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 20 MP, f/2.2, (wide), 0.8Âµm
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 Ð°/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4500 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast charging 30W, 45% in 30 min (advertised)
- Quick Charge 3.0
- Fast wireless charging 27W
Meizu 17 Pro Price and Availability
The Meizu 17 Pro prices are as follow;
- 8GB + 128GB version costs 4299 yuan ($607)
- 12GB + 256GB version costs 4699 yuan ($664)
The Meizu 17 series will be available on May 11 through all channels.