LG has officially introduced its new Velvet smartphone in its home market. The smartphone has received a number of notable differences from previous lines of branded devices of the manufacturer. In addition, the list of key features of the device includes the original design, support for styluses with recognition of up to 4096 degrees of pressure, a good supply of RAM and a high-performance Qualcomm processor with support for fifth-generation networks.
The LG velvet is built around a 6.8-inch OLED display with a resolution of Full HD+ and an aspect ratio of 20.5:9. And for the convenience of working with a smartphone with one hand, its body is also rounded at the edges. Also, the screen supports working with Wacom styluses, and the pre-installed Nebo application allows the device to convert handwritten text to digital.
For performance, theÂ LGÂ Velvet has the Snapdragon 765 processor with an integrated 5G modem. In addition, the smartphone received 8 GB of RAM and a 128 GB UFS 2.1 drive with expandability via a microSD card. Three sensors of the main camera with a resolution of 48, 8 and 5 megapixels are located on the back cover of the device. While on the front, we have a 16MP camera.
The capacity of the built-in battery of the gadget is 4300 mAh, there is a possibility of fast charging â€“ wired and wireless.
Another feature of the model was the IP68 protection and compliance with the military standard MIL-STD-810. Also, The smartphone is running Android 10.
LG Velvet Specifications
- 6.8-inch (2340 Ã— 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 20.5: 9 aspect ratio OLED display
- Octa-Core (1 x 2.4GHz + 1 x 2.2GHz + 6 x 1.8GHz Kryo 475 CPUs) Snapdragon 765G 7nm EUV Mobile Platform with Adreno 620 GPU
- 8GB RAM, 128GB UFS 2.1 storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 10
- Dual SIM
- 48MP rear camera with LED flash, 8MP ultra-wide lens, 5MP depth sensor
- 16MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, stereo speakers
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4300mAh battery with fast charging, 10w wireless charging
The cost of the smartphone in theÂ South Korean market is $735. The availability and price of LG Velvet in other regions is yet to be confirmed.