In February, iQOO introduced the iQOO 3 5G flagship phone that featured the Snapdragon 865 mobile platform. The company followed that up with the announcement of the iQOO Neo3 5G last month as the cheapest Snapdragon 865 powered smartphone. And, today, it has announced another flagship phone called iQOO Z1 5G.
The iQOO Z1 5G is built around a 6.57-inch IPS LCD screen with a punch-hole at the upper-right corner. The HDR10 complaint display supports DCI-P3 color gamut and produces a full HD+ resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels along with a refresh rate of up to 144Hz.
The smartphone boots with iQOO UI 1.0 flavored Android 10 OS. iQOO claims that more than 100,000 apps are optimized to work with 144Hz display. Even some of the games have been optimized to support the highest refresh rate on the device. For enhanced gaming experience, the Z1 offers users with five customized sound effects.
The iQOO Z1 5G is powered by the Dimensity 1000+ that went official earlier this month. The 7nm chipset is an updated version of the Dimensity 1000 SoC that was announced back in November 2019. The octa-core processor comprises of four Cortex-A77 CPU cores and four Cortex-A55 cores along with Mali-G77 MP graphics. The new chipset brings support for 5G connectivity on both SIM slots of the iQOO Z1. As far as AnTuTu scores are concerned, the Z1 recorded 536,683 points on the benchmarking platform.
The iQOO Z1 is equipped with up to 8 GB of LPDDR4X RAM and UFS 3.1 storage of up to 256 GB. The handset does not feature a microSD card slot. The smartphone features a 4,500mAh battery that carries support for 44W fast charging. The super liquid-cooled heat dissipation system can reduce the internal temperature of the device by up to 10 degrees celsius.
The iQOO Z1 5G has a frontal shooter of 16-megapixel. The back panel of the phone has a triple camera system that includes a 48-megapixel main lens, a 112-degree 8-megapixel ultrawide sensor, and a 2-megapixel macro shooter with 4cm focal length. Some of the camera capabilities of the smartphone include Hyper HDR, human eye tracking, low-light, and ultrawide photography, 4K video shooting, and 1080p slow-motion video recording.
iQOO Z1 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 / 1900 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 18, 19, 25, 26, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2020, May 19
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2020, June 01
- Dimensions: 164 x 75.6 x 8.9 mm (6.46 x 2.98 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 195 g (6.88 oz)
- Colors: Galaxy Silver, Space blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.57 inches, 104.0 cm2 (~83.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2408 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~402 ppi density)
- 144Hz refresh rate
- Android 10, iQOO UI 1.0
- Chipset: Mediatek Dimensity 1000+ (7nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.6 GHz Cortex-A77 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G77 MC9
- Storage: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 2.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8Âµm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 16mm, 112Ëš (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12Âµm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps; gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4500 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast charging 44W, 50% in 23 min, 100% in 59 min (advertised)
- Super Flash Charge 2.0
iQOO Z1 5G Price and Availability
The iQOO Z1 has been launched in China in three variants as follows:
- 6 GB RAM + 128 GB storage â€“ 2,198 Yuan (~$309)
- 8 GB RAM + 128 GB storage â€“ 2,498 Yuan (~$351)
- 8 GB RAM + 256 GB storage â€“ 2,798 Yuan (~$394)
The iQOO Z1 smartphone is available in two color options such as Space Blue, Galaxy Silver, and Symphony Meteor. The Chinese firm will be also selling silicone protective case and game controller for Z1 buyers. They are priced at 49 Yuan (~$7) and 199 Yuan (~$28). The Chinese firm also announced 299 Yuan (~$42) worth iQOO wireless sports headphones.
There is no word yet on the availability of the iQOO Z1 outside in China. The pre-sale of the smartphone kickstarts from today through Vivo Chinaâ€™s online store in the home market.
Other Chinese retailers will carry out the pre-sales of the Z1 from May 25. The first sale of the phone will be carried out on June 1 in China.