Netflix is an entertainment media streaming service provider that allows you to watch a wide variety of movies, TV shows, sports, documentaries, and many more on internet-connected devices. With Netflix, you can enjoy unlimited ad-free viewing of our content. There’s always something new to discover, and more TV shows and movies are added every month. However, you need to subscribe for a good data plan in terms of volume for you to enjoy this service.
Now, after subscribing for huge data plan to just to enjoy Netflix on your device, you notice some abnormal data consumption, don’t worry, that is why we are there for you. Please find below data management tips for Netflix.
How To Manage Data On Netflix (Web Version)
1. Go to www.netflix.com (web version)
2. Navigate to the Account tab
3. Scroll downward to any select any of the profiles you ma have created
4. Click on “Playback Settings”
5. Select Change
6. Scroll to “Data Usage per screen”
8. Select either “Medium” or “Low”
NB: Selecting either of the above options means you get to stream up to 0.7GB or 0.3GB per hour, as opposed to “HIGH” where you stream for 3GB per hour on HD, and 7GB per hour on Ultra HD
Do not forget to click on Save after you have made these changes.
How To Manage Data On Netflix (App/Mobile Version)
1. Go to your Netflix App on your mobile phone
2. On the right hand corner below, click on “More”
3. Click on “Cellular Data Usage” under video Playback
4. Tick/select “Save Data”
Now you are all caught up, ready to go back to streaming /downloading movies on Netflix with less data.
NOTE: Once this setting is changed on your profile using the web it will be applied on all other peripheral and devices e.g Apple TV, where the profile is used.