Last year July, Honor launched the Honor 9X and Honor 9X Pro smartphones and today, the Chinese tech giant took off the veils from the 5G-ready Honor X10. The phone is coming as the cheapest 5G smartphone from Huaweiâ€™s sub-brand. Instead of calling the successor phone as Honor 10X, the company decided to settle with Honor X10 5G moniker in a bid to let consumers to not get confused with Redmiâ€™s upcoming Redmi 10X 5G and Redmi 10X Pro 5G smartphones.
Compared to the predecessor model, the Honor X10 comes with many upgraded features like 5G support, larger notch-less display, flagship-grade main camera, and a larger battery with fast charging capabilities.
The Honor X10 5G is built around a 6.63-inch IPS LCD display with notch-less design. There is no punch-hole on the 20:9 aspect ratio display, it delivers a high screen-to-body ratio. One major improvement on the display of the X10 is that it comes with support for the 90Hz refresh rate and 180Hz touch sampling rate.
The Kirin 820 5G chipset, coupled with LPDDR4X RAM and UFS 2.1 storage powers the Honor X10 smartphone. There is a dedicated NM card slot on the device for additional storage.
The phone draws power from a 4,300mAh battery that carries 22.5W fast charging support. The predecessor Honor 9X was packed with a 4,000mAh battery with 10W charging support. The X10 5G smartphone boots to Android 10 OS customized with the latest Magic UI 3.1 skin.
The Honor X10 5G features a pop-up selfie camera of 16-megapixel. There is a rectangle-shaped camera housing at the upper-left corner of X10â€™s glass back. It is pioneered by Sony IMX600y 40-megapixel RYYB that was previously used on Honor V30 Pro and Huawei Mate Xs.
The main sensor of X10 is accompanied by an 8-megapixel ultrawide shooter and a 2-megapixel depth assist lens. The ISP 5.0 image sensor processor that is provided with Kirin 990 5G SoC can be also found on the Kirin 820. The RYYB capture more light than the traditional RGGB sensor which results in bright low-light shots. The X10 has excellent night shooting capabilities with up to ISO 153600, claims the company. The rear cameras with other features like fast autofocus, AI scene detection, AIS handheld Super Night Scene 2.0, 4K UHD video shooting, and 960fps slow-motion video recording.
Honor X10 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 18, 19, 26, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 38, 41, 77, 78, 79, 80, 84 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2020, May 20
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2020, May 26
- Dimensions: 163.7 x 76.5 x 8.8 mm (6.44 x 3.01 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 203 g (7.16 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Aluminosilicate glass)
- Colors: Blue, Orange, Black, Silver
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.63 inches, 106.1 cm2 (~84.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~397 ppi density)
- Protection: Aluminosilicate glass
- 90Hz refresh rate
- Android 10, Magic UI 3.1, no Google Play Services
- Chipset: Kirin 820 5G (7nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.36 GHz Cortex-A76 & 3×2.22 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×1.84 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 (6-core)
- Storage: 64GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: NM (Nano Memory), up to 256GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- Main Camera: Triple
- 40 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/1.7″, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.4, 120Ëš (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps, 720p@960fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – Motorized pop-up 16 MP, f/2.2, 24mm (wide), 1/3″, 1.0Âµm
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4300 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast charging 22.5W
- Reverse charging
Honor X10 5G Price and Availability
Here is the pricing of the different models of the Honor X10 5G:
- 6 GB RAM + 64 GB storage â€“ 1,899 Yuan ($267)
- 6 GB RAM + 128 GB storage â€“ 2,199 Yuan ($309)
- 8 GB RAM + 128 GB storage â€“ 2,399 Yuan ($337)
The X10 5Gcan would be available in colors like Racing Blue, Light Speed Silver, Burning Power Orange, and Speed Black. Honor will be selling customized phone cases for Honor X10 buyers.
The first sale of the phone will be carried out on May 26 in China. The company is yet to unveil a Pro variant for the Honor X10.